Logging on without keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I recently spilled liquid all over my desktop keyboard and had to replace it. I connected my new keyboard and turned on my PC. When it comes to the logon screen I can't type the password because the drivers aren't installed for the new keyboard. Is there a way to bypass the logon screen without using the keyboard? Once I pass it I will be able to install the drivers and use the new keyboard. Any suggetions?

Thank you for making your own thread

first I would try entering BIOS at restart if you cannot do this it may be hardware related

Also: trying tapping f8 at startup to enter safemode, you shouldn't need a password for safemode, if you keyboard works prior to loading windows

You may be able to put your windows cd in and restart and see if it will let you repair the problem

it's not a hardware issue, the issue is the new keyboard has never been connected to the computer while ive been logged on so the dirvers arent installed. the old keyboard types incorrect characters because i spilled liquid on it, therefore f8 doesnt work. any suggestions? I dont see how i can get around this problem if every new keyboard will have to install drivers???

Try what blind dragon suggested and try getting into BIOS BEFORE your OS loads. then Report back with your results and we can go from their.

You are new to Techspot, so welcome, but when someone suggests something it is generally a good idea to try it (unless it seems dangerous/obscene) and come back with your results so we can help you further.

Regards,
Nic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back