TechSpot

Login issues after download of new software

By smitnlit
Apr 23, 2007
  1. I downloaded all the new virus software recommeded here and since then have found certain sites that I used to be able to log into won't let me in. I log in with my username and password and it just doesn't recognize me. It literally clears the information and acts as if I didn't enter it. I'm not sure why. It seems to be since I downloaded the new software and uninstalled Norton.
    Maryann

2. BlameCanada

BlameCanada TS Rookie Posts: 320

Double check name and password are right.
    Make sure cookies are enabled.
    Try a different browser eg Firefox

3. smitnlit

smitnlit TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 25

The name and password are right. I reset them and it still didn't work, however when I logged in from my laptop, (the laptop doesn't have all the new software and didn't have the virus) I had no problem getting into the sites. The problem is on my PC. My cookies are enabled, because only SOME sites are a problem. Some sites are fine.
    I don't have any other browsers.

4. smitnlit

smitnlit TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 25

Just FYI for anyone who read this post. I downloaded Mozilla and used that instead of Internet Explorer and could get in. Not sure WHY I can't get in using Explorer, but it works with Mozilla!!
    Maryann

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.