TechSpot

Logiq M76T Notebook freezing randomly!

1. Hey,
    I'm not sure where you guys are going to start but I have a Logiq M76T laptop and it has started freezing at random times, sometimes it will quickly show a green screen and then shut down. I haven't had much hands-on time with the laptop yet (as it's a friends'), but I had a freeze where everything just locked still, so I couldn't move cursor etc. all windows still open and this occured minutes after I had started using the laptop.

Are there some like system diagnostic tests I can run or something of the kind for you guys to analyse?

I'd appreciate any help!
  2. British_Command

British_Command TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 224

Freezing

It seems to freeze when the CPU is 'stressed', I had run a scan which had lasted about an hour along with speedfan and found temperatures remained stable (low 40's, high 30's) and didn't change much. The CPU was being worked to a fair amount as well, but a few minutes into watching a DVD through the laptop it freezes, sound stops, there is no response!

Any ideas?
  3. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 12,139   +28

Can you link us to this laptop? Did you get any reads when the system was under stress, i.e. doing tasks?
  4. British_Command

Tell me what 'reads' to do and I'll do 'em, not quite sure what you mean by 'reads', but it froze again about 2 minutes into watching a DVD, it started making a recurring droning sound once froze, not sure if that is characteristic of anything in particular.

I'll post system specs. in a sec.

Cheers.
  5. British_Command

System

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
    Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600
    Other OS Description Not Available
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Name IAN-PC
    System Manufacturer cmscomp
    System Model W760T/M740T/M760T
    System Type X86-based PC
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6600 @ 2.20GHz, 2200 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies LTD 1.00.01, 28/07/2009
    SMBIOS Version 2.5
    Windows Directory C:\windows
    System Directory C:\windows\system32
    Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
    Locale United Kingdom
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7600.16385"
    User Name Ian-PC\Ian
    Time Zone GMT Standard Time
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 3.00 GB
    Total Physical Memory 2.96 GB
    Available Physical Memory 2.06 GB
    Total Virtual Memory 5.92 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 4.95 GB
    Page File Space 2.96 GB
    Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Any more specs. needed just ask
  6. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 12,139   +28

Your issue sounds like either a) a heat issue or b) possible need to update the system drivers.

The reads I was asking about is what are the temps when under stress? Sorry I wasn't clearer.

Also, is the video integrated or is their a discrete video card installed?
  7. British_Command

Update

Ok I say when the 'cpu' is stressed, I'm not actually sure if it's being that stressed, it tends to freeze more frequently or more quickly when I watch a DVD. Apparently (going by the main user of the laptop) it froze alot on word processor, I have had the computer on for about 6 hours, mainly without use without freezing.

I have tried Windows memory diagnostic tests which said the memory was fine, and I have also tried reformatting the hard drive which did not resolve the problem.

The temperature I was reading at the time of crash were high 30's - low 40's, which I believe is fine.

The crashes seem to be 'random' as one just happened not too long ago and I had only just started the computer!

Not quite sure where to go from him, I'd of thought it'd be a heating problem as well... I'll double check SpeedFan.

Any more ideas though?

Cheers!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.