Logitech creates a massive display from 160 RGB keyboards

Scorpus

Staff member

Logitech has finally found a practical use for the RGB LED backlighting in their new G810 Orion Spectrum mechanical gaming keyboards. At PAX East, the company has arranged 160 of them into a massive wall-mounted display, which has the ability to show text and videos through the RGB backlighting system.

The Great Wall of Logitech, as it's called, is actually quite responsive and delivers a pretty fun viewing experience at a distance. Of course when you get up close the keyboards don't provide a whole ton of resolution, but the entire system and its controlling software is certainly very impressive.

Found is a TechSpot feature where we share clever, funny or otherwise interesting stuff from around the web.

Permalink to story.

I'm all into techy stuff and doing cause I can but... I just keep coming back and thinking... 'Why?'

I'm all into techy stuff and doing cause I can but... I just keep coming back and thinking... 'Why?'

Because it's freaking awesome? And they can, wanted to show off the ability of their new keyboards. Just imagine trying to plug 160 keyboard into something, a whole lot of USB hubs would be involved and then you need to coordinate all of them and position them virtually to create the effect of a big display.

I wouldn't call it practical but it is fun.

Cause it's practical, just you need to think outside of the box... They created a large unusual display that wasn't just a tv screen which attracted a multitude of potential customers who stopped to looked at whats going on. This then gave sales and techy advisers the opportunity to sell the product. And seeing as it was one of the more popular stands it did its job and it did it well (practical)

Back