Logitech joystick wont install

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmashyJax

first forum post so here goes' anyway i got this logitech attack 3 usb joystick for flying in bf2. i plug it in b4 my comp turns on (even tried after it was on) and a window appears for installation. I do everything (i even called logitech support and installed their crappy manual) and then it says an error occured and could not install....listen i just want to fly in battlefield 2 so plz help!

when it prompts you to install just cancell it
Go to controll panel, select "Game Controllers"

click add, and select the best match from the dropdown list (throttle, yolk etc..) or use custom if configuration you require is not on the list.

I tried to go into the game controllers and set it to the closest model. Problem was, as soon as I connected the joystick the windows hardware wizard gave me an error saying: problem installing device drivers please contact device manager. The joystick is a logitech attack three w/ 11 progamable buttons.

mailpup said:
Are you trying to install the joystick driver? What's everything?

Im trying to install the software that is listed on the website. To my knowledge it only detects the device and walks you through a setup, however, each time I try to get through the setup it can never detect the device.

If the joystick is a USB one, it should work right out of the box. That's called "plug and play (or pray)"

Do you have an installation CD? If so, plug in the joystick, and windows should display a "Add new hardware wizard". Then, insert the CD (if you have it) and select the first option (install automatically or something like that). Now Windows should recognize properly the joystick.

Good luck!

yes its an usb, so is everything else on my comp.....it works and everything is logitech. and it did not come w/ cd although it does say "if u have a cd plz insert now"

it says right wehn i insert it "an error occured during the installation of this device:
the driver installation for this device is missing a necessary. this may be because the INF was written for windows 95 or l8er. contact your hardware vendor." i have windows xp and i checked on box, it says it can run on xp so i dunno and its custom built comp that my bro built

SmashyJax said:
I tried to go into the game controllers and set it to the closest model. Problem was, as soon as I connected the joystick the windows hardware wizard gave me an error saying: problem installing device drivers please contact device manager. The joystick is a logitech attack three w/ 11 progamable buttons.
What i meant was not to select the logitec entries i had already checked and your model is not on the drop down list

example: if your joystick has 4 buttons and a flight yolk. then thats what you should select in control panel Game controllers.

Click this link then download the drivers to your desktop and then install them
http://www.5cup.com/shareware/driver-Input_Devices-Logitech_Attack_3_Joystick-.html

Have fun

ok Tytytytytytytytytyttytytytytytytyytytyty but! one problem, wen i click download it wont appear automatically and wehn i click download link 1 it says file not found...if i had a new computer support company u would be president man ur hella good...

HI, still no luck eh..

After you install the drivers you will still have to go to controll panel as discribed previously(after restart), but this time your Joystick should be on the dropdown list of controllers. So select it and once you set it up dont forget to calibrate it.

Have fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back