TechSpot

Logitech launches standalone Skype webcam for HDTVs

By Jos
Aug 3, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Logitech has launched a new high-definition camera intended to sit on top of your big-screen television rather than your computer display. The TV Cam HD is the company's first self-contained webcam and Skype client, allowing wide-angle, 720p Skype video calls……

Read more

2. NTAPRO

NTAPRO TS Enthusiast Posts: 811   +91

I'd buy it after the first or second price drop. I'd probably get it for the pc though xD

3. Mamoon69

Mamoon69 TS Rookie Posts: 17

I'll pass. For $200, I can buy a new small netbook and hook it to HDTV without the need for a special HDTV or a Skype-compatible TV. Furthermore, I can use the netbook for other things as we know.

Really expensive.

4. NTAPRO

O_o Netbooks have hdmi ports?

5. nismo91

nismo91 TS Guru Posts: 1,003   +11

wow, imagined two of these connected to two large displays and I'll have something similar to the cisco telepresence. it probably wont be as good, but it certainly wont be as expensive.

6. Mamoon69

Mamoon69 TS Rookie Posts: 17

7. NTAPRO

Oh I see. I was unfortunate to have gotten a hold of a dell inspiron mini :(

8. Just tested a Skype connection with two new iPads at either end. By far, Apple's FaceTime transmission was better than Skype. Might Skype be better with the new camera? I think it's
    a Skype issue. Thanks for your thoughts ....

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.