TechSpot

Logitech marbelmouse with FIREFOX

By nEO
Jun 27, 2005
  1. hi, i'm new in the forum but it seems great,,, i just bought a logitech marbelmouse trackball and install the latest drivers on their web site, and it works great wit all , office, explorer, apps ,etc, but with FIREFOX, the universal scroll doesnt work.

What can i do?
    some body has the same experience?
    Help!! :confused:

2. patio

patio TS Maniac Posts: 482

What extensions do you have currently installed in FFox ? ?
    It's possible one of them is causing the problem. I would un-install them one at a time until you find the culprit.

patio. :cool:

3. nEO

nEO TS Rookie Topic Starter

extensions???, sorry how i do that??? unstall them!
    :confused:

4. patio

From the File menu in FFox clik Tools then extensions and it will display a list along with an update/install/un-install menu...

5. nEO

no extensions

i've checkit out PATIO but, i have none extension listed there, it just appear empty windows with the tree menu you mention

could this be the problem????

6. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,978   +362

Try looking under Control Panel and see if you can find something in your mouse settings that might help.

7. patio

No if the window is blank then you have no FFox extensions installed which means the problem lies elsewhere...
    Try mailpup's suggestion and or re-install the mouse drivers.

8. nEO

nope, sorry, i'm so :confused: and angry, it's the most confordtable mouse i've ever had, and it works perfect anyware , BUT firefox, damn

any other suggest?

9. patio

Check out the Forums at Mozilla to see if others have experienced the same problems with that marblemouse...

10. nEO

Solution

OK so heres the deal, after a while, in iPGN forum answer, to change in any mouse that depends in UNIVERSAL SCROLL and have problems with any program, FIREFOX as an example, could do the next , simple simple thing:

in the properties and configuration software of any of this mice's change the setup that activates the universal scroll and change it for MIDDLE MOUSE BUTON option,

PROBLEM SOLVE in firefox, and acctualy do my work much easyer in any other aplecation, even it those that i have no prob. with.

hope this help!!! :grinthumb

11. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 9,310   +617

sounds good ... Firefox et al know nothing about the hardware mouse type and
    only process 'events'. If it doesn't see the correct event, it can't do very much
    to fullfil your expectations :)

This kind of stuff is frequently isolated by running some other program
    (eg ms word) and trying to use the same feature. If you get the same
    symptom, then it's not likely that it's related to the two programs that
    share the symptom -- look elsewhere as you have just discovered.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.