Logitech mx5000 Laser problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cris

Hi guys,

I am about to throw my keyboard and mouse in the bin.
I bought this mx5000 about 12 months ago and ive had nothing but problems with it,I have emailed Logitech about the problems and they just blew me off.

I have read arround on other forums and buy the look of it,I have been shafted again.

If someone could heolp me ,it would be much appreciated.

I am running:

win x64 pro,

the problems:

Lag in responce
Key repeat
lose of connection
the setpoint keeps crashing, stops responding.
This is happening everyday its driving me nuts.
I have been to logitechs website and downloaded the latest setpoint drivers 2.6.
I have read all the non helpfull FAQs
still no luck.
Im back to yousing my $10 generic keyboard and mouse.
If someone could help me it would be so great.

thanks in advance

Cris

erm, how about reinstalling software from the disc or try to use it without software
(but the multi-scrolling would be gone) and see how it works?

btw, your mouse is wireless right? have you put a ALKALINE or even LITHIUM battery to power it up? As mouse will still works with single battery out of 2. Assuming your mouse is in PS/2 port, have you try putting it in USB port instead?

The mx5000, like my mx1000. Sits in a rechargeble base. Doesnt take regular batteries.

Cris....have you got anything else that is wireless, bluetooth etc. near the mouse? Or cordless phone maybe? Sometimes these will interfere. Anything that puts out a strong EMF? Its weird that Logitech "blew" you off like that. I would keep emailing them and calling them. I would take nismo's advice and reinstall the drivers if you havent already. Although with my mx1000. I didnt have to install anything, XP seen the mouse right off. Havent had any problems like yours. Also are you using this it on a mouse pad? Or a surface that not absolutly smooth?

Thanks Fellas for the quick responce.

Yeah the mx5000 laser is a bluetooth mx5000 keyboard and mx1000 mouse.
Ive uninstalled and reinstalled the software about ten times,still getting the same problems.
Windows keeps coming up with that stupid error (setpoint has stoped responding do you want to report it to microsoft).
The setpoint 2.6v is supose to be compatable with x64.
I have tried without the software and it seems to work ok but I loose all the second functions of both keyboad and mouse.

I was wondering if the reciever was getting interference,I do have a cordless phone although its in the lounge room about 6 meters away.

Ill have a bit of a play and see how it goes.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh yeah no worrys Howard-hopkinso, sorry.
Hey guess what.
What you ask!

If you are trying to look for a update for the setpoint, go to www.logitech.com

They have issued a new setpoint 3.15v

It seems to flash the bluetooth reciever with a update

Trying to do a update from the 2.6 setpoint it will not find anything. it will just say there are no updates at this time.

Everything seems to be working OK at this point cross fingers.

Paste this into your browser.
http://forums.logitech.com/logitech/board/message?board.id=bluetooth&message.id=1416

I hope this helps someone else out its been doing my head in for 12 months.

PS: I yoused a ps2 keyboard and mouse to do the installing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back