Logitech mx700 mouse won't recharge anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I joined specifically to ask this question. I've had a logitech wireless desktop for some time, about 2 years now I believe and I've never had a problem with it up until now. As of late the mouse has refused to recharge, why this is I do not know. The problem came up a few months ago off and on, and finally I thought I had it fixed, but last night it again refused to recharge. I think the problem might be that it's not making proper contact somewhere in the charger, then again i could be wrong, there's no ral way for me to know unless I crack the charger open and take a look, but seeing as how there's no way to really do that without risking futher damage I'm screwed.

Anyone out there with a site or some info. that might help me out??

Just buy a new set of AA rechargeable batteries...they eventually get to a point where they will no longer charge.
As to the charger itself i unplug mine and clean the cradle and contacts about every 4 mos. or so with QTips and rubbing alcohol.

patio. :cool:

Ok. I'm back again. I replaced the batteries and all seemed well, until I went to go charge them. The damn thing still won't recharge. I even cleaned both the contacts on the mouse and on the cradle. The batteries I'm using are AA Energizer 1.2v NiMH.

Is there a site I can go to with tips on how to repair the cradle and/or mouse, as I fear the contacts may be broken or off a bit.

Thank you,
~Ren

I have the same mouse for also 2-3 years now. Never a problem.
Looking at the base, it should not be too hard to open it.
It looks like you need to separate the silver from the black part, using some small screwdrivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back