Logitech releases PowerShell controller with integrated battery for iPhone/iPod touch

By Shawn Knight
Nov 20, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Yesterday belonged to MOGA as they unveiled the first iPhone / iPod touch gamepad with full iOS 7 support but today, Logitech is taking their shot with the PowerShell game controller. Much like the Ace Power, the PowerShell is compatible...

Read more
  2. OneSpeed

OneSpeed Newcomer, in training Posts: 114   +24

In 2-3 years this will be obsolete. Phone makers are changing their new devices' size/dimensions. I haven't seen a game on the mobile platform that deserves this kind of controller - a finger or two usually works for 95% of the mobile games. Now, if you can combine this with some VR goggles and games, that would be a difference maker.
  3. Oh yeah VR isnt even mainstream for computers yet... but lets bring it out for our phones. Of course these will be obsolete in 3 years... so will the phone itself.
  4. Vrmithrax

Vrmithrax TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,285   +232

I think the MOGA controller is more flexible than this one... The sliding mechanism and swappable inserts could (in theory) allow it to survive through more revisions of the iPhone/iPod than one that is fully rigid, like the Logitech appears to be.
  5. Uhm, when I type PowerShell in the Windows start menu something happens. What could be wrong? I get a black window that says "Microsoft PowerShell"!
  6. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,914   +724

I'm not their target market. As you can see from my Avatar, I'm not the biggest Apple fanbooi in the constellation, also I'm not the least bit interested in mobile gaming but I think these devices will appeal to a lot who are not of my ilk. If a company like Logitech releases something like this you can rest assured they did a bit of homework before wasting money on development although I doubt it'll sell like Sony's & MS's consoles.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.