Logitech unveils $40 G-series gaming mouse, the G300

By Jos
Aug 18, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Logitech today announced its next-gen G-series gaming mouse, the G300, promising to give you greater gaming precision and plenty of features at an affordable price. The mouse itself has a…

Read the whole story
  2. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,195   +69

It looks way too cool for $40! =)
  3. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,470   +299

I was thinking the same thing, dang that thing looks awesome for that price ;)
  4. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,033   +70

+1 Kibaruk, I need a new mouse soon, as the current one (I use with my notebook) is nearing its EOL. May be this one will be a good choice for a 'reasonably priced' replacement mouse ;)
  5. H3llion

H3llion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 949   +95

Well I know what upgrade I am going to get next! This is beast! Although the buttons look like they are going to be pain, would of been cool if they were at the side.

£25-30 for a mouse, nice but might get naga instead of this. Right now I have Elecom small laptop mouse .. lol But its pretty sweet lol xD
  6. Panda218

Panda218 Newcomer, in training Posts: 95   +13

I have tried to move away from my Naga, but it doesnt seem possible. I love how it feels and I especially love all those extra keys ^^
  7. Flannelwarrior

Flannelwarrior Newcomer, in training Posts: 149

Looks sweet! I have a wired G500 and before that I had a G5. The G5 lasted about three and a half years before it stopped working.
  8. I've yet to find a mouse more desirable than Logitech's MX 518...
  9. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +90

It does looks pretty good for $40. I might even pick this one up tomorrow, in fact. ;)
  10. I had the MX518 and passed on to the G500 and it was well worth it everything i loved plus more precision and universal scroll wheel

One thing this little G300 is missing is the back foward button on the side
  11. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,010   +683

No thumb buttons? Interesting that there are more buttons for your middle finger, but don't they realize that the extra fingers we're not already using for buttons are the thumb, ring and pinky. And they put the extra buttons for your index and middle fingers?

Ah... I missed the line in the article about 'Gamers with simpler needs'... like a back button.

It looks sorta fat too. I wish they'd add a couple buttons to their G400... I still think that's their best design.

12. example1013

example1013 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 280

I kind of need thumb buttons on a gaming mouse, especially for modern shooters. I can't hold the mouse still, and I especially can't do so while clicking, so sniping is hell unless I remap to the side button.
  13. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,195   +69

I would love to pick one up tomorrow but the article clearly states it will be available in the US on September =( (And even then I will have to order one from Chile =( )
  14. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +90

I didn't even read the date. I assumed they released it already. (Didn't actually read the whole article.) ;)
  15. free4rm

free4rm Newcomer, in training Posts: 17

I have a Logitech G3 laser, this looks like a good upgrade.
  16. Tanstar

Tanstar TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 195   +18

The G400 is about the same price, so how are they different and why would some want one and some the other?
  17. fpsgamerJR62

fpsgamerJR62 Newcomer, in training Posts: 489

Nice looking mouse and the price is pretty reasonable too but I'm concerned the placement of the 4 smaller control buttons which are now on top instead of on the side. Aren't these supposed to be the thumb buttons ?
  18. ElShotte

ElShotte TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 163

Ehh looks good, but like fpsgamerJR62 mentioned above, I hate the fact that the thumb buttons are up on top, because instead of hitting them with your thumb, you have to lift your trigger finger to hit press them and that's a minor drawback. The mouse itself does look very attractive.

19. what about G400 ?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.