Logitech unveils professional-grade G900 Chaos Spectrum wireless gaming mouse

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Logitech on Thursday announced a new addition to its growing stable of gaming mice. The Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum is billed as the company's most advanced and best gaming mouse to date. Based on its impressive list of features and specifications, that may very well be the case.

The G900 Chaos Spectrum is a wireless gaming mouse (it also works when the charging cable is connected) that utilizes a "highly optimized" 2.4GHz wireless connection which offers a one-millisecond report rate over wireless. Logitech says the mouse is good for up to 24 hours of continuous gameplay with the built-in lighting system enabled or 32 hours with the lights out.

Speaking of lighting, Logitech says the 16.8 million color palette that powers the lighting system can be fully customized. Specifically, gamers can adjust colors and brightness in addition to selecting different lighting modes (pulsing, solid and so on).

The new mouse is powered by Logitech's PMW3366 optical sensor with clock-tuning technology that offers zero smoothing or filtering across the entire 200 – 12,000 DPI range. It's also extremely light, tipping the scales at just 107 grams.

The G900 is an ambidextrous pointer but not exactly in the traditional sense. It utilizes magnetic button covers on each side that can be removed and replaced with a standard, no-button panel. This, according to Logitech, allows it to accommodate both left- and right-handed gamers.

What's more, Logitech engineered the buttons to deliver what it describes as a crisp, clean click feel with rapid click capability. There's a metal spring tensioning system and mechanical pivoting hinges built into the two primary click buttons to reduce pre-travel distance, thus minimizing the force required to click.

The Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum is now available for pre-order priced at $149.99. Look for it to ship in early April.

Permalink to story.

Nice... one last horrah before VR makes mice completely obsolete? Possibly... Or maybe not. We still don't know if VR will take off like some of us are hoping.

I'm not 100% sold on the styling, but I'm quite happy they included the physical toggle button for the scroll wheel between standard and free spinning and the fact that you can swap which side the thumb buttons are is very cool, especially for left handed players. the $150 price tag is a bit off putting for me, but I still would like to find this mouse in a brick and mortar store to see how it feels in hand.

Hmmmmmm ..... for an old retired cheapskate, that $150 represents one heck of a lot of Ensure for me and regularity beats a faster mouse .......

Nice... one last horrah before VR makes mice completely obsolete? Possibly... Or maybe not. We still don't know if VR will take off like some of us are hoping.
itll take off, just not that quickly, and competitive gaming will take even longer because the controls still arent perfect and people obsess over that.

Wow 32 hours of battery, I'll stick with the poorer specification G602 that I have to charge the batteries for every 2-3 months (with a few hours of use almost every day) and is "gamey" enough for the majority of users. I love you Logitech but no thanks. Kudos for making it usable by lefties and righties though :)

Now if only they removed the wireless and cut the price in half.

And changed the design to not be insane. Like seriously; cover up those spots, looks like it's a comfort nightmare when your fingers rest on the main buttons, not to mention being impossible to clean.

Back