Logitech Z680's... No center channel signal....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a set of factory-refurbished Logitech Z680 5.1 speakers back in August, and they've worked flawlessly since then... Until I noticed, just the other day, that there was no sound coming from the center channel speaker.

So the first thing I did was run it with a new wire... Still no sound. I then plugged it in in place of one of the front channel speakers... And sure enough, sound comes out. So it's not a problem with the speaker. And I proceeded to plug one of the surround speakers into the center jack on the amp, and no sound came out from that speaker. So i plugged everything back in properly, and hit the "Test" button on my remote... It goes front left, center, front right, rear right, rear left, and then around again and again. Between the two front channels, I had no sound coming from the center channel.

So I've eliminated the wiring and the speaker itself from the list of possible suspects... All that remains is something with the amp/processing unit, as far as I can see... I set the speakers on Pro Logic II Music mode when I got them (I have a pre-optical audio Mac with a stock sound card, so true surround isn't an option), and the center channel always worked. Anyone have any ideas?

-Aran

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back