Logs

Status
Not open for further replies.

disturbed

I should probably list the problems I am having. Firstly, my internet is running sluggish and when I click on sites in search engines it redirects me to advertisements a couple times. I have to go back and click the site again a couple times before I am able to get to the correct site. Also, when I restart or first turn on my computer, when it reaches the desktop it freezes for a good 3-4 minutes before I can access anything.

The logs are posted above.

Thanks in advance.

-Disturbed

testabd.exe is the execatable for a Trojan Backdoor..

Your computer is infected with one of the nastiest file infectors- Virut. with IRC bot functionality. It can accept commands to download other malware on the compromised machine. Your Windows operating system files are infected and there is no sure fix for this other than formatting and reinstalling.

O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [svc] c:\program Files\ThunMail\testabd.exe (User 'Default user')
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: c:\progra~1\ThunMail\testabd.dll

testabd.exe is a Virut variant:

Uses the AppInit_DLLs value in order to install a module that will be loaded into the address space of every running application.

W32/Virut is polymorphic- meaning 'many shapes'> you get one, it morphs into another variant and on and on. The only "fix" is a reformat and reinstall.

Is there any files I can remove for now to maybe not have to reinstall everything? Thanks for the reply by the way Bobby.

Lets see whats infected then,

Please do an online scan with Kaspersky WebScanner

Click on Accept

You will be promted to install an ActiveX component from Kaspersky, Click Yes.
  • The program will launch and then begin downloading the latest definition files:
  • Once the files have been downloaded click on NEXT
  • Now click on Scan Settings
  • In the scan settings make that the following are selected:
    • Scan using the following Anti-Virus database:
    • Extended (if available otherwise Standard)
    • Scan Options:
    • Scan Archives
      Scan Mail Bases
  • Click OK
  • Now under select a target to scan:
    • Select My Computer
  • This will program will start and scan your system.
  • The scan will take a while so be patient and let it run.
  • Once the scan is complete it will display if your system has been infected.
    • Now click on the Save as Text button:
  • Save the file to your desktop.
  • Attach the log.

Hello again,

I did the Kaspersky scanner and to my surprise not a single infected object of any kind. What is the next step my friends?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back