LOL!New Problem-THEMES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kserijaro

I was geting my regular update from Micrisoft...ANd it needed to restart PC after it....Then i uninstaled a program and runned CCleaner to remove remains of indexes and registrys,like I always do..So after the restart my Pc worked fine afet logging in...Count 2 mins-Freeze!My cursor freezed and no options could be done.The safe mode helped me and I brought my pc to normal stable state....BUT!
I cant activate my windows themes and now my XP looks like Win98! :(
I tryed to activate theme service and it says that C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs is missing...And in state of service by Themes it says Stoping...If u crack this problem wide open and find a solution to fix it w/o reinstaling whole system then u are no more them kings of ur bussines.Thanks!

You really shouldn`t run the Ccleaner registry cleaner section, unless you know exactly what you`re doing, otherwise, this is the kind of problem you can get.

I suggest you try doing a system restore to before you uninstalled whatever programme it was.

Regards Howard :)

Hardly

Nope I didnt set System restore point,so that was not an option.Any other ideas?And it seems I am having problems with instalig SCI/RAID controlers.....
But it cant be connected.SOS!

What system restore points do you have? There should definitely be one before you installed the Windows updates.

Yes as back then u are right!I did my system restore....Just to face same situation from before-freezing windows.But In safe mode I(again) fixed problem without using CCleaner and thus not harming the poor old themes.The program that was problematic was deamon tools for virtuals-it reads Cds better than physical drivers.But After i delete it in SM-My SCI?RAid controlers become marked with yellow question mark-unavailable.So i cant install them.And BTW I didnt use metods u linked under the "legal thingy :)"
I just kiled nagging screen-what was the real problem-there was no cheating.
If u can help me again-there would be no word of thaks to say to u more.PS.
Soon I get new PC-no more old probs!

Can`t you reinstall the raid controllers from safe mode? They should be on your mobo drivers cd. In other words, I suggest you reinstall your mobo drivers.

BTW I didnt use metods u linked under the "legal thingy "

I`m not sure what you mean by that I`m afraid?

Wait!

Ok.Wht is mobo CD?And listne to this too:I install them from my account,and as after installation notice says i restart my Xp.After boot-the mark is still yellow as unavailable.Are u sure that it will work in safe mode?I mean I can try but i think i t will stay unavailable.So any method I use is not helping.I read the damn Deamon tools forum,people are experiencing same problems with Xp freezing and not able to insall SCSI/RAID controlers due to DT.I hate it...The energy should have to be concentrated on what doesnt allow u to install drivers that nature.And if we find it maybe updating /patching/reintalling that thing would help.I read that the Guy reintalled Xp.I cant do it-too much too loose.

Curse upon My PC

Nope.That doesnt help at all.They could reinstall drivers-while i cant.I just dont like when hard problems persist.I will have to crack this case on my own,or just never to use deamon again...

If I get this right, you either replaced or integrated your stock SCSI drivers with Daemon Tools drivers and now have removed the Daemon Tools drivers and your stock SCSI controller is unhappy.

Have you clicked on that yellow-exclamation-marked controller and 'update driver' ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back