LOLZ?Front audio?where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kserijaro

Here is the deal:I got me a new PC(only main parts) and it came with that thingy front audio connections.Sound drivers are forking fine cuz the sound output on back side of the case is working perfectly.E.g when i plug my speakers
in back connection the Realtek sound manager recognizes the plugin of both speakers and headphones.They also posses the little image for settings in upper corners of their window parts.But,after i reconnect speakers/headphones to that front side audio plug,nothing happens.There is also no key in the upper corner of that window
Pic:
settings.jpg

What steps I must take to fox this thingy?
My Motherboard is Asus P5K .

Does your case hane front audio sockets? And are they connected to the fp audio socket on your mobo?

I suspect your front audio sockets would have to be switched ones in order for the software to detect them too. I .e. they must have send and return for all the channels.

Yes i saw the front audio is connected to my Motherboard.i just cant think of solution....And my case has front audio sockets and front USB sockets.XD

Maybe it's connected wrong. Does it have a plug or individual wires that you have to put on? My case has individual wires to connect to the mobo and i tried it several times and it didn't work so I've given up for a while, I might try it again next time i delve inside though ;)

a plug that connects all wires of the front audio socket to MB,and the plug is easily put in the Mb socket that it is in...so i really cant fix this?

Tell us what motherboard you have - chances are it will be the same as most of the Asus boards (as an example) which will not support both front and back audio outlets. If you want both options, update your audio card to say Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 or better.

Well Sometimes........

I can't speak directly to this issue, but sometimes you need to install the correct codec to light up the front outputs. This is based on the fact that Intel offers several codecs for the same motherboard, depending on what you want to do, how many channels you have, and the connection method.

Kserijaro said:
Yes i saw the front audio is connected to my Motherboard.i just cant think of solution....And my case has front audio sockets and front USB sockets.XD

If you read the motherboard manual you may see a note that says that you can coonect Either the Front Audio OR the rear Audio but not both. Most MB's have this, which means you have to disable the rear in order to enable the front.
If you want to enable only the front and to disable the rear, then look at the connector that plugs into the MB, it has wire loops and if you cut the wire loops, then you can get the front to work.
LOOK AT THE MANUAL

If you install a Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer, it has header pins to allow connection to the front sockets. Software that comes with the card can enable both the front headphone connectors and the rear speaker connectors to work at the same time.

Here...wait.My friend can use both front and back audio connections,but the sistem goes like this:If speakers are on the back side,if headphones connets to the front side,back side is automatically switched off,and if he takes out front headphones,the back is automatically switched on.And vice versa.My Whole system is:MB Asus P5K,Intel Pentium Core2Quad Q6600 2.4GHz,Asus Nvidia 8800GTS 640MB,and 2 Gb Kingston RAM.So...only one output can i use?I dont get it.....I should be able to use them both just i dont know how.

Here.everything is perfectly alright.Guidelines u handed over were totally helpful.
Like i said my friend can use both outputs simultaneusly,so can I NOW!I fixed it!
And it is as Daveskater told me,it was connected wrong.I turn the audio page on the manual,and it involved correct wires and corresponding Bios setting.So if AC'97 wires are pluged in,BIOS has to have AC'97 option as front audio.Same stands for HD Audio.In my case(not computer case) i had a HD option in BIOS,and AC'97wires connected XD.So I reconnected wires and left BIOS setup unchanged.Now I hear sound on front audio till I pulg headphones off,whish switches me on regular speakers,that are also pluged in,but in the back XD.Thank God for this Forum!Tech Spot pwners!

You can use them both, you just have to get the wiring correct. You will have the wiring for your mobo in your manual.
Make a note of the wiring from the case and perhaps post a picture if you can and i will gladly help you to sort it all out.

Sorry, your last post didnt show 'till after i made this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back