LOMAC - Another Game worth waiting for ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nic

Anyone into flight sims ought to check out this website ...

Lock-On Modern Air Combat

The game will be released sometime soon, and it's currently looking like another must have title with full DX9 support.

Hog-TI-1.jpg

That looks truly beautiful.

I've not much time for games these days (regretably), and have never felt any penchant for games where ANYTHING takes off of the ground (unless its a fragged player's head!) but that looks just sexy as hell.

Now that looks sweet. I have been waiting for a good flight sim to come out. It has been SO MANY YEARS since one has. I look forward to the day that I can buy a joystick again (I gave mine away years ago).

Totally awesome (more A10 pics, but there are other aircraft that you can fly) ...

211_ScreenShot_002.jpg

I'm also waiting impatiently for this game. I like flight sims a lot.

Theese guys are the ones who made Flanker 2.0, which was also a very good fighter simulator... unfortunately it passed through the world without making to much of an earthquake... it didn't become too popular...

This game is going to be awesome... just check out the night screenshots.

Night_Frog_2.jpg

Night_Frog_1.jpg

The demo for this game is out. I just downloaded it, and haven't learned to fly the darn plane yet. I'm not much into flight sims, but this does look pretty good.

I can't get it to run on my comp. It starts fine, then locks up when I click on a menu item. I have nforce2 mainboard and 9600 pro graphics. I disabled my virus scanner, but I still can't get it to run. It is a beta release, so I hope the developers get it fixed in the final version.

Right after I downloaded it, and tried to run it and the first time it crashed to the desktop. After that when I tried to start it again it stayed on the menu page, (with the different planes) forever. I thought it had locked up when I clicked on the plane I wanted to fly, but after a long time it finally started, I almost was to the point of manually shutting down my computer. It runs on my computer, but takes forever to load, and I do mean a long time.

Originally posted by olefarte
I thought it had locked up then I clicked on the plane I wanted to fly, but after a long time it finally started, I almost was to the point of manually shutting down my computer. It runs on my computer, but takes forever to load, and I do mean a long time.
Ok, I'm gonna try again, as those are the exact symtoms I was having, except that my mouse had locked up and I couldn't even get to my desktop.

Edit: Its working fine now. Seems I just needed to reboot my comp (it didn't ask me to reboot after installing). It loaded fast and runs well enough. Cool ground detail, though I noticed that many of the details, such as engine exhaust don't seen to be available in this version. I got taken out by a missile 1 min after starting my first flight. :cool:

my mouse had locked up and I couldn't even get to my desktop.
Same here Nic. Control/Ault/Delete, or Escape, or the Windows button on the keyboard didn't work. Just as I was about to punch the power button to shut down it started running.

I agree though, this is just a beta demo. Hopefully the final game will work better. If I remember correctly, in the readme, it says that there are known issues, including framerate optomizations that are not finished yet. I really haven't had time to get back to this game. I've bought the Medal of Honor: Allied Assualt, Breakthrough game and it's taking all my gameplaying time so far.

Remember and reboot after installing (even though it doesn't ask you to reboot), as mine now works following a reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back