TechSpot

Long Signatures...

By Vehementi
Mar 29, 2002
Post New Reply
  1. To all of you people who post your system specs in your signatures: I dislike you. It's like 15-20 lines of something we don't really need to read. Please, for the sake of punctuality, please don't post them in your signature. If you have a problem that has the need for your hardware, post them in your thread. If you would like to brag about your dream machine (shut up Papa :haha: ), we have Post System Specs HERE! for that. Even though I'd like to know what all of you are running, It just gets too long and annoying after a while...

2. svtcobra

svtcobra TechSpot Paladin Posts: 761

Sorry you dislike me..I find it helpful to post my sys specs in my sig so when I have an issue all my info is right there.
    It was especially helpful when I was putting Red Hat on my laptop.

3. Cucumber

Cucumber TS Rookie Posts: 154

I tried to keep mine short! Just the basics, but i also think its kinda useful :D

4. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,345   +11

I had one earlier, kernel panic in Linux, but then I figured that I don't need one. I used to change it every now and then in the old forum, now I don't know why I did that ;)

5. uncleel

uncleel TS Rookie Posts: 980

try using small text size, that way it doesn't distract from your post.

6. Cucumber

Cucumber TS Rookie Posts: 154

WOW that looks much better, thanks man:D

7. uncleel

Here's a tip...

Nobody wants to see a sig or image bigger than their own post. Kinda like SHOUTING, :hotbounce where your mouth predominates over your head.
    Style -over- Substance so to speak.

Considering keeping your Image Sigs small, apx 1½" x ¾"

8. svtcobra

I took you advice Unk. Your right, it did seem like I was shouting before..

It looks much cleaner now.

9. Bill Gates

Bill Gates TS Rookie

Microsoft Forum Signature.net will be out later this year.

10. uncleel

Message for Mr. Gates

Incoming for Mr. Gates
    [​IMG]
    Message delivered!

11. ss1

ss1 TS Rookie Posts: 94

I think mine is short methinks :).

ss1.

12. SuperCheetah

SuperCheetah TS Rookie Posts: 709

Anyone like my new signature??? ;)

13. Vehementi

Vehementi TechSpot Paladin Topic Starter Posts: 2,704

I'd like to thank everyone who decreased the text size of their signatures, I very much appreciate it.

And svt, I didn't really dislike you, just your signature. You're a pretty cool guy :p

14. svtcobra

I knew you werent serious..I just thought I would be as blunt as you were. When I resized my sig. I saw where you were coming from. Like Unk said, I was shouting my specs at everyone.

15. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,576   +269

:confused: Is reading the signatures causing you to be late for something??? :confused: ;)

I hope my signature doesn't annoy anyone, but I too understand how it can be annoying. If I am posting in the word games or something I turn my signature off so that as many posts as possible can be displayed on one page. Its kinda a waste of space to have some meaningless drivel in it (system specs aren't!) and then post one line and take up half a thread page !!!

16. lokem

lokem TS Rookie Posts: 672

Why go through all this when you can disable the signatures in the User Control Panel? :D

17. Vehementi

I don't really want to turn off signatures, some people have very interesting ones.

And I'm not being late for anything, it just gets repetitive.

18. uncleel

Why Not? Because some do list their system specs for our consideration in solving problems.

19. svtcobra

20. SuperCheetah

SuperCheetah TS Rookie Posts: 709

Thank you uncleel! I've been waiting for someone to say that. I personally had my specs, but I normally don't have too many problems to ask about so I took it off. I do think system specs can be useful at times, as I hate to ask the newbies for their specs after their first few posts.

21. uncleel

There's nothing wrong w/ having a sig, as long as it's not to distracting. Many of the mods have used their sigs for information, including our 3Ds sponsors, tweak guides, homepages, etc. Just keep it on the conservative side, size wise.

22. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,201   +422

Are you guys talkin' to me?

LNCPapa

P.S. - This is pretty small on my screen - course I run at 1600

23. svtcobra

Its not bad at 1024x768..

24. Vehementi

Bump To The Top

Some new members need to read this...plus some old ones...

Enjoy! :D

25. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 4,274

So you're saying this sig you have right now isn't repetitive Veh ? ;)