Long-standing exclusivity deal between Porsche and EA has ended

Scorpus

Staff member

Fans of driving video games can now rejoice, as the exclusive deal between Porsche and Electronic Arts has finally ended. This means we will finally start to see Porsche cars appear in driving games from other publishers in the coming years.

Porsche and EA have held this exclusive deal since 2000, when EA launched Need for Speed: Porsche Unlimited. Since then, Porsche vehicles have appeared in numerous Need for Speed and Real Racing games, however they have been notably absent from hugely popular titles such as Forza Motorsport and Gran Turismo.

There have been some exceptions. As Polygon notes, Forza Motorsport 4 had a DLC pack that featured Porsche cars, although this was only possible through a sub-licensing deal between Turn 10 Studios and EA. In other games, Porsche cars usually appear through the brand Ruf, which is a separate automaker that uses unmarked Porsche chassis for their vehicles.

EA has confirmed that their 16-year-old deal with Porsche has ended, although both companies will continue to work together in a non-exclusive fashion. Here is EA's full statement:

We continue to have an excellent, long-standing relationship with Porsche. We mutually agreed earlier this year to continue our relationship under a non-exclusive licensing agreement, and we will continue to feature Porsche cars in future EA racing games.

We can expect Porsche vehicles to appear in popular racing games from here on. Porsches have already begun to appear in Assetto Corsa through a set of recent DLC packs, and there are rumors both Forza Horizon 3 and a Project Cars sequel will include Porsches for the first time. It's a possibility they will be included in Gran Turismo Sport as well, which is set to launch next year.

Permalink to story.

I don't care about Porsche.

Bugatti is number one.

After that is Lamborghini.

Until McClaren builds a real replacement for the F1 LM, they rank under Lamborghini, but above Porsche.

Bugatti is number one.

Until McClaren builds a real replacement for the F1 LM, they rank under Lamborghini, but above Porsche.

Bugatti number one? Seriously? You're hilarious... Also going to assume you've never heard of the P1, also for the record it's McLaren... Nor have you hear of the Koenigsegg One:1 clearly, but you rank Bugatti as your number one car, so no real surprise there.

For this Porsche license deal, it's about god damn time, too long has EA held that license and too many terrible games have come of it, well most EA games are terrible these days so that's not saying much.

Bugatti number one? Seriously? You're hilarious... Also going to assume you've never heard of the P1, also for the record it's McLaren... Nor have you hear of the Koenigsegg One:1 clearly, but you rank Bugatti as your number one car, so no real surprise there.

Go to his YouTube channel. More likely than not, he knows his stuff.

Putting Lambo over Porsche is blasphemy, though. Lambos have the cool factor. But a Porsche has usability.

Bugatti is number one.

Those are the most tasteless cars around. McLaren does have a replacement to the F1, it's called the P1 and they're working on a new F1. How do you have a youtube channel about cars and not know this? Porsche makes amazing cars

Go to his YouTube channel. More likely than not, he knows his stuff.

Putting Lambo over Porsche is blasphemy, though. Lambos have the cool factor. But a Porsche has usability.
No he doesnt, his favorite car is the hellcat and it can't do anything but move in a straight line. They don't even have 707HP, they dyno at around 610, then you have crystler reliablity....

Last edited:
Those are the most tasteless cars around. McLaren does have a replacement to the F1, it's called the P1 and they're working on a new F1. How do you have a youtube channel about cars and not know this?

How is a lambo or bugatti tasteless?

Not so much Lamborghini, but bugatti is nothing more than a name. VW bought the rights to the name. It is a new money car so to speak, any hearitage the name had has been long lost. Its an incredible feet of engineering, one that has been out done by Nissan for about 2 million less. You can "alpha 9" a GTR for 30k and it will blow the bugatti out of the water.

On top of that, if you want to compare Porsche to the bugatti, they have something called the 918. While it doesn't have the top speed of a bugatti, it does accelerate faster than it. Porsche's dual clutch transmission, named the PDK, is hands down the best in the world. All of this for about a million less than a bugatti.

Bugattis are meant to flaunt wealth. There are things I can't say about it without getting banned, but let's just say they are most popular with rap culture enthusiasts

Last edited:
Not so much Lamborghini, but bugatti is nothing more than a name. VW bought the rights to the name. It is a new money car so to speak, any hearitage the name had has been long lost. Its an incredible feet of engineering, one that has been out done by Nissan for about 2 million less. You can "alpha 9" a gtr for 30k and it will blow the bugatti out of the water.

On top of that, if you want to compare Porsche to the bugatti, they have something called the 918. While it doesn't have the top speed of a bugatti, it does accelerate faster than it. Porsche's dual clutch transmission, named the PDK, is hands down the best in the world. All of this for about a million less than a bugatti.

Bugattis are meant to flaunt wealth. There are things I can't say about it without getting banned, but let's just say they are most popular with rap culture enthusiasts
I would say they are all meant to flaunt wealth. A lot of people would kill to have any car of those 3 companies.

Not so much Lamborghini, but bugatti is nothing more than a name. VW bought the rights to the name. It is a new money car so to speak, any hearitage the name had has been long lost. Its an incredible feet of engineering, one that has been out done by Nissan for about 2 million less. You can "alpha 9" a gtr for 30k and it will blow the bugatti out of the water.

Compelling argument.

I read this as you don't like it cause black people do. Your new money and rap comments says it all. Get over yourself

I read this as you don't like it cause black people do. Your new money and rap comments says it all. Get over yourself
I don't like it because it is overpriced an over hyped. And about black people liking it, those are your words, not mine. If you're going to spend that kind of money on a car get a Pagani

yRaz has made no comments in this thread about the Chrysler 300 or the Cadillac Escalade. Please stay on topic.

Last edited by a moderator:
We all have our own tastes and I'm going to tell you that of the three companies, Porsche is the best bang for buck.

One for the family:
2017-porsche-panamera-1.jpg

One for your wife:
2017-Porsche-Cayenne-review.jpg

One for you:
img_4575-1.jpg

I don't like it because it is overpriced an over hyped. And about black people liking it, those are your words, not mine. If you're going to spend that kind of money on a car get a Pagani

ya I bet you were one of those children that put your finger next to the little girls face spouting "I'm not hitting you I'm not hitting you" stand behind what you say... Or should I say what you're too afraid to say.

ya I bet you were one of those children that put your finger next to the little girls face spouting "I'm not hitting you I'm not hitting you" stand behind what you say... Or should I say what you're too afraid to say.
say it

Back