Long time for Windows 10 to boot

Greetings...
I have bought recently Samsung evo 850 120GB SSD for my laptop (Dell Vostro 3450),
and cloned the operating system partition to the SSD using software by the name "aomei backupper",
then I swapped the HDD with the SSD, and swapped the DVD with the HDD, and started the computer,
unfortunately when I start the laptop, the laptop start normally till it reaches to the Windows 10 (64bit) start screen (with the blue logo and dots circling around),
suddenly the screen goes black, but the laptop still running for 3~5 min, after that the screen returns and every thing works fine.
the same issue occur when I turn off the laptop,
I suspect that this issue occur because of the two GPUs AMD Radeon & HD Graphics 3000.
What can I do so solve this?!
P.S. my laptop drivers are up to date, furthermore, friend of mine did exactly the same with (DELL Inspiron N5110 with NVIDIA GeForce GT 525m GPU) and his laptop works fine.

You are breaking Microsoft's licensing conditions by having more than one copy of the OS on your computer. I did a similar thing a couple of years ago with Windows 7 on my desktop. This was intended to work as a backup and it worked fine for a while. Then it didn't. Although I have two hard drives, both updated to W10, in the same desktop I never connect them at the same time.

That's not an issue then. Have you checked whether Windows boots up quickly if you remove the original hard drive from the DVD slot?

Enter the BIOS and check that the new SSD drive is being selected as the first boot device. If that doesn't work out your clone was not the success that you hoped. As you reformatted the hard drive maybe you'll need to do a fresh install of Windows 10.

"I suspect that this issue occur because of the two GPUs AMD Radeon & HD Graphics 3000." Sorry, but I don't know if this is a possible source of confilict.

There is one thing that half helped,
I ran "regedit"
found the process "EnableULPS"
and changed his value from 1 to 0.
this process disable AMD power saving.
and it solved the issue when I turn on the laptop, but didn't solve it when I turn off the laptop.

Enter the BIOS and check that the new SSD drive is being selected as the first boot device. If that doesn't work out your clone was not the success that you hoped. As you reformatted the hard drive maybe you'll need to do a fresh install of Windows 10.

"I suspect that this issue occur because of the two GPUs AMD Radeon & HD Graphics 3000." Sorry, but I don't know if this is a possible source of confilict.

as for the bios... the boot order is right,
and I'm sure that the problem is from the GPUs because it's not the first time that they make problems after some updates

I did a search and you are correct. This does sometimes happen with AMD graphics cards. It's strange that this hasn't shown up before the change to an SSD. All you can do is google away and see what others have done. You are clearly working on the right lines. Best of luck in finding a lasting solution. Perhaps the AMD driver updates keep bringing back the problem.

It could be something wrong with this backup software , try to use Samsung software cloning the ssd or other clone software.

Back