TechSpot

Long time loading up XP

By Zent
Aug 23, 2007
  1. When i turn my pc on it gets to the Windows XP load up screen and it takes a very long time to do it than friends PCs and families. Does anyone know what it is?

And also whan it eventually gets on, the mouse icon on the screen constantly pauses every so often for about half a second. This is a brand new Hard Drive also, Please help :)

2. AlbertLionheart

AlbertLionheart TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,026

3. Zent

Zent TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 34

Ok thanks i'll do it, what does it do ?

4. Zent

I done that and it stopped installing, said something about it being corrupt?

5. AlbertLionheart

Sorry - my earlier reply seems to have disappeared.
    Have a look a the attached document for what it does. I got this from this forum - thanks I think to BlameCanada
    If your install failed - download again and try again.

Attached Files:

6. Zent

7. AlbertLionheart

8. Zent

Hey i'll try that one again, also i went into a computer shop today who does pc repairs etc. And he said it sounds like the memory?

Could that be true?

9. Zent

I managed to do the BootVis this time. But when it finished it said 'Number of Physical drives in the trace file is 0. Trace file has invalid system configuration information'

10. AlbertLionheart

Brand new hard drive might be a bad one. It is possible that the RAM is faulty but I would start with the HDD first.

11. Zent

Ok i'll mention it to the guy when i see him next and will let you know what he said.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.