Long time lurker finally needing help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm aware that I need to attach logs for people to help me, so I'll add those as I get them. A few things (symptoms anyone might be familiar with?). I've run a Spybot and Avira scan, both which were clean, but I'll get some logs up regardless.

This occurred overnight. I don't recall going to any websites that I don't usually go to, nor do I remember any external links that may trigger it.

I was playing games, so my firewall (Comodo) was set on Disable. Guess I dropped the ball there.

Avira, and Malwarebyte refuse to update now that I at least think I'm infected. My last update is around the 2nd or so for each?

SuperAntiSpyware will not even open. I'll get a process for it in Task Manager, but the program refuses to open.

Spybot updated fine, albeit a little slowly. I haven't tried Ad-Aware yet, and I habitually run CCleaner a few times a day.

Some websites that run scripts on pages (I.E. ijji.com, a gaming site) will not load up. Firefox will freeze up.

Firefox does not want to do much downloading. The same freezing as above will occur until I end process it.

I just noticed: I use an add-on called, "Web of Trust," which is not loading up security ratings either.

Thanks in advance.

Spybot isn't much good for anything.
I would start MalwareBytes while in <SAFE MODE>. SuperAntiSpyware will not work in Safe Mode, but it might work in regular mode.
You cold boot to <SAFE MODE> by pressing the <F8> key repeatedly once per second... then give it three minutes to stabilize before you run MalwareBytes.
If it runs, immediately reboot, then try running SuperAntiSpyware in regular mode, then run Avira Antivirus or AVAST...
If that doesn't help, then consider using the 8 steps found elsewhere on this forum.

Hi Jerbearington

1) I'd advise you wait for instructions from one of our malware experts (i.e. someone who knows what they're doing, how to read your logs, and can give you specific and intelligent instruction based on your logs)

2) I'm not an expert but at least i looked at your Hijackthis log to see at least one questionable item (it's looks very much like malware)

3) So i suggest you follow protocol and start the 8 step process, post your logs as they instruct and wait for someone to help you. See here for Virus/Malware Removal Instructions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back