TechSpot

Look what I found here :D

By wolfram
Feb 20, 2007
Post New Reply
  1. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,704   +397

Ah yes the forums... Simpler times. I had 64 posts back then, and was a "Corporal".

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Though I was never a member of the 3DS forums. I bet it`s a little bit of a nostalgia trip for the Techspot members who were, such as your good self SNGX.

Regards Howard :)

3. SNGX1275

It is. I've spent since I posted looking through old posts. Some of them didn't get archived, but a lot did.

Lots of people are still around to some degree:
    SNGX1275
    Per Hansson
    LNCPapa
    Jellobones (Now Rick and also Rick over there... maybe they aren't the same guy, I was fairly new back then but I thought they were.)
    MrGaribaldi
    Nodsu
    Phantasm66
    3DSThomas
    Crazyace01 (Now TS_CrazyAce or something, staff)
    PanicX

And I'm sure there are a few others I just haven't came across yet. Some of the guys that were over there that don't come here anymore I still talk to on IM. Like Phatman5050, and WhackZero (WhackOne over there).

I like to see the tone of the forums then, and how they have changed to now. Not that how we did things back then was better, just how it was different, mostly because the size was so much smaller.

This thread is funny: Rate My PC!
    We still get crap like that posted here, but we wouldn't get replies like that anymore, somebody might cry.

4. wolfram

wolfram TechSpot Paladin Topic Starter Posts: 1,967   +9

Lol :p a fast 200 Mhz bus :)

5. cfitzarl

cfitzarl TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,975   +9

Lol :haha:...I never thought I would see the old 3D Spotlight website archived :p. And yes, 200MHz FSB is amazing ;) !

6. wolfram

High end PC's... 3345 bucks :eek:

And the low end one:

7. kitty500cat

kitty500cat TS Evangelist Posts: 2,154   +6

:haha:
    I'm not laughing at the guy, just the beautiful computer. I think my 2GHz processor and CAS3 DDR333 RAM is slow...

8. cfitzarl

*Stands frozen at computer*
    *passes out*
    *gets sick*

To think, if it were 2001 right now, we would probably be raving about those computers :haha:...

9. SNGX1275

I thought the beatdown was awesome. We seem more friendly around here now, not sure if that is always a good thing...

10. cfitzarl

I wonder if you can register there ;) .

Look at this thread :haha: !

11. wolfram

Of course you cant :haha:

[​IMG]

It returns you to the current TS home page.

12. halo71

halo71 TS Rookie Posts: 1,090

Reading that post is kinda like walking through a museum.

13. howard_hopkinso

I thought it was harsh and a little OTT to be honest. I don`t see the point in being confrontational, without having a very good reason. A little bit of tact and diplomacy, goes a long way in my opinion.

I`m really glad that Techspot is friendly, it sort of gives me a warm glowing feeling. :p Sure, we do get the odd flame/problem here and there, but it usually gets sorted quickly., Given the number of members we have(65,569 as of writing), it doesn`t happen that often, which is a testament to the way things are run around here. I think the relaxed atmosphere, is probably what makes Techspot as successful and as attractive to it`s members as it is.

I`m not totally sure what you mean by that mate?

14. SNGX1275

It was Howard, it was just a whole different atmosphere then, and it was funny to me to be reminded of how it was, and the big names on the forum being harsh. If you read the thread in its entirety you'll see how the guy takes it in stride, and the friendliness we all know comes out.

I realize this is a heated issue now, and as I saw a thread got locked involving a member's opinion of me. So perhaps its poor timing on what I said in this thread.

What I meant by not being sure its always a good thing (as you quoted above) is that when we get someone posting a bunch of rubbish with leetspeak and such its like everyone is afraid to call them out on it and have them post maturely. I see that as something that others can see (lots of people come here from a google link) and then think that that is an acceptable way to post here, and it really isn't. So if people wouldn't ALWAYS be so nice and accepting we might see less of the poor behavior around here.

15. cfitzarl

I think the forum you are referring to was closed; it got way to heated to be in our forums. I am a member of Evil Incorporated Productions on another website, and I have looked at the forums, which I tend to stay away from; they are vulgar, innapropriate and rude sometimes. Not all of the members are like that either.

What I find weird is that when I am in that kind of atmosphere, I change my personality; here I am the nice cfitzarl with manners and no attitude. There, I am the nice swamp56 with manners and an attitude ;) .

16. wolfram

17. howard_hopkinso

Ah, I see what you mean now. Point taken.

18. AtK SpAdE

AtK SpAdE TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,495

Wow thats really cool you found those. Cool to see the members/mods in a different light.

Even in the two years I have been here TS has changed, it must be alot more intense for some of the old school members.