Look what I found here :D

Though I was never a member of the 3DS forums. I bet it`s a little bit of a nostalgia trip for the Techspot members who were, such as your good self SNGX.

Regards Howard :)

It is. I've spent since I posted looking through old posts. Some of them didn't get archived, but a lot did.

Lots of people are still around to some degree:
SNGX1275
Per Hansson
LNCPapa
Jellobones (Now Rick and also Rick over there... maybe they aren't the same guy, I was fairly new back then but I thought they were.)
MrGaribaldi
Nodsu
Phantasm66
3DSThomas
Crazyace01 (Now TS_CrazyAce or something, staff)
PanicX

And I'm sure there are a few others I just haven't came across yet. Some of the guys that were over there that don't come here anymore I still talk to on IM. Like Phatman5050, and WhackZero (WhackOne over there).

I like to see the tone of the forums then, and how they have changed to now. Not that how we did things back then was better, just how it was different, mostly because the size was so much smaller.

This thread is funny: Rate My PC!
We still get crap like that posted here, but we wouldn't get replies like that anymore, somebody might cry.

Processor-1200MHz, 200 MHz bus AMD Athlon Proccesor with enhanced 3D Now Technology-The AMD Athlon processor is among the worlds most powerful engines for PC computing, and represents the industry's first seventh-generation x86 microarchitecture. The AMD Athlon's revolutionary system bus, now running at a fast 200MHz with 128K full speed L1 cache and 256K of full on-die L2 cache, enables it to attain outstanding levels of performance and allows users to quickly and easily process Internet content from DSL/Cable modems and digital nideo imaging devices. Plus, the AMD Athlon processor delivers ndustry-leading interger, floating point, and #d multimedia performance for x86 platforms. The AMD Athlon delivers tomorrow;s technology today.

Lol :p a fast 200 Mhz bus :)

Lol :haha:...I never thought I would see the old 3D Spotlight website archived :p. And yes, 200MHz FSB is amazing ;) !

3D Spotlight said:
[Comments] by Thomas McGuire - 5/14/2001 @ 13:37
SUNNYVALE, CA--MAY 14, 2001--AMD today announced two new mobile processors primed with industry-leading features, the mobile AMD Athlon? 4 targeted for the performance space, & the new mobile AMD Duron? processor for value-conscious buyers. Both processors deliver performance that is the highest in the mobile PC industry for their respective market segments.

Compaq Computer Corporation has also announced the availability of a 1GHz AMD Athlon 4 processor in its Compaq Presario 1200 notebook series.

The mobile AMD Athlon 4 processor & the new mobile AMD Duron processor each feature the innovative AMD PowerNow!? technology, which provides up to 30 percent more battery life without compromising performance.

In Resume...

High-end PC #1

AMD Athlon Thunderbird 1.33 GHz - $275
Iwill KA266 ALI MAGIC 1 Socket A - $170
2 x 256MB PC2100 DDR SDRAM - $420
2 x IBM 75GXP 45GB - $370
Any NVIDIA GeForce 2 Ultra - $325
Pioneer 16X DVD-ROM - $75
Plextor PlexWriter 16/10/40A E-IDE - $225
Linksys Ethernet 10/100 card - $25
Sony CPD-G400 19inch monitor - $530
Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 OEM - $70
Videologic DigiTheatre DTS - $590
56k PCI modem - $30
3DCool Tornado 1000 - $170
MS Keyboard, IntelliMouse Optical & Floppy - $70

Total: $3345 with AMD processor

High-end PC #2

ASUS A7M266 AMD761 DDR Socket A - $180
1 x 256MB PC2100 DDR SDRAM - $210
1 x IBM 75GXP 60GB - $260
Pioneer 16X DVD-ROM - $75
Plextor PlexWriter 16/10/40A E-IDE - $225
Viewsonic GS790 19inch monitor - $330
Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 OEM - $70
Cambridge Desktop Theater 2500 - $200
56k PCI modem - $30
3DCool Tornado 1000 - $170
MS Keyboard, IntelliMouse Optical & Floppy - $70

Total: $2975 with AMD processor

High end PC's... 3345 bucks :eek:

And the low end one:
Low priced system configuration

AMD Duron 750mhz - $80
128mb PC133 RAM - $75
Abit KT7 Socket A - $125
IBM 75GXP 30GB - $170
Brand name 40X CD-ROM - $40
NVIDIA 32mb GeForce 2 MX based card - $120
Viewsonic Optiquest Z90 19" monitor - $320
Sound Blaster Live! Value OEM - $45
Cambridge Soundworks FPS1000 - $70
56k PCI modem - $30
Enlight Endura 7237 w/ 300w power supply - $59
Microsoft Natural Keyboard & Intellimouse - $40

Total: $1199

SNGX1275 said:
This thread is funny: Rate My PC!
Originally posted on the old 3DS forums
-1.2 GHz 200 Mhz Bus Speed
-256 MB of Ram 7.5 nanosecond speed
-40 GB Hard Drive 5400 RPM
-52x CD-Rom
-128-bit 3D AGP Graphics Accelerator with 64MB fram buffer, up to 1920x1200 16M resolution
-120 Watt PMPO Amplified Stereo Speakers
:haha:
I'm not laughing at the guy, just the beautiful computer. I think my 2GHz processor and CAS3 DDR333 RAM is slow...

wolfram said:
*Stands frozen at computer*
wolfram said:
1 x 256MB PC2100 DDR SDRAM - $210
*passes out*
wolfram said:
*gets sick*

To think, if it were 2001 right now, we would probably be raving about those computers :haha:...

I thought the beatdown was awesome. We seem more friendly around here now, not sure if that is always a good thing...

Of course you cant :haha:

untitled2fi1.jpg

It returns you to the current TS home page.

SNGX1275 said:
I thought the beatdown was awesome.

I thought it was harsh and a little OTT to be honest. I don`t see the point in being confrontational, without having a very good reason. A little bit of tact and diplomacy, goes a long way in my opinion.

We seem more friendly around here now,

I`m really glad that Techspot is friendly, it sort of gives me a warm glowing feeling. :p Sure, we do get the odd flame/problem here and there, but it usually gets sorted quickly., Given the number of members we have(65,569 as of writing), it doesn`t happen that often, which is a testament to the way things are run around here. I think the relaxed atmosphere, is probably what makes Techspot as successful and as attractive to it`s members as it is.

not sure if that is always a good thing...

I`m not totally sure what you mean by that mate?

It was Howard, it was just a whole different atmosphere then, and it was funny to me to be reminded of how it was, and the big names on the forum being harsh. If you read the thread in its entirety you'll see how the guy takes it in stride, and the friendliness we all know comes out.

I realize this is a heated issue now, and as I saw a thread got locked involving a member's opinion of me. So perhaps its poor timing on what I said in this thread.

What I meant by not being sure its always a good thing (as you quoted above) is that when we get someone posting a bunch of rubbish with leetspeak and such its like everyone is afraid to call them out on it and have them post maturely. I see that as something that others can see (lots of people come here from a google link) and then think that that is an acceptable way to post here, and it really isn't. So if people wouldn't ALWAYS be so nice and accepting we might see less of the poor behavior around here.

I think the forum you are referring to was closed; it got way to heated to be in our forums. I am a member of Evil Incorporated Productions on another website, and I have looked at the forums, which I tend to stay away from; they are vulgar, innapropriate and rude sometimes. Not all of the members are like that either.

What I find weird is that when I am in that kind of atmosphere, I change my personality; here I am the nice cfitzarl with manners and no attitude. There, I am the nice swamp56 with manners and an attitude ;) .

SNGX1275 said:
What I meant by not being sure its always a good thing (as you quoted above) is that when we get someone posting a bunch of rubbish with leetspeak and such its like everyone is afraid to call them out on it and have them post maturely. I see that as something that others can see (lots of people come here from a google link) and then think that that is an acceptable way to post here, and it really isn't. So if people wouldn't ALWAYS be so nice and accepting we might see less of the poor behavior around here.

Ah, I see what you mean now. Point taken.

Wow thats really cool you found those. Cool to see the members/mods in a different light.

Even in the two years I have been here TS has changed, it must be alot more intense for some of the old school members.

Back