Lookin for new chepp viedo card for my bro

Status
Not open for further replies.

swker98

My bro wants a card under 50-55usd i think he crasy, he wants the card to be able to play the sims 2, half-life 2 stuff like that n e help is appresated hes pescs r

ADM 1.7GHz
256Ram
and it says it has an open agp slot with graphics accleoratior. I dont know what that is. if n e one can help

Thanks

well there are options for a card in your budget but dont expect to play these games on high settings or resolution.there is ati radeon 9000 or 9200 or nvidia geforce 3,4,mx 400,fx 5200 or geforce 4 ti.if you can find one.the hard part would not be finding one in your budget but tracking one down from a shop or a website-cruise around, check newegg,circuitcity and other etailers to find a good deal in your budget.you can post your possible candidates and i can advise you to choose one that would be right for you.

I advise not getting anything below the FX 5600 for nVIDIA or anything lower that then Raedon 9600.

I've had lots of experiance with these 2 cards and both will play HL 2 perfectly well as long as they are running alongside a good CPU and RAM.

You wont get anything for under $60 that will play anything decently.

If u cant play a game on its high to max settings then IMO, I wouldent bother playing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back