Looking for a dual penium 4 motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive been looking for a dual processor pentium 4 motherboard for what seems like forever (actually 2 years to be exact). I know they exist be cause ive worked on one, my school has one. However noone who is associated with it seems to know how they aquired it. Id like to move to a dual core chipset however with the high prices of dual core and the dropping prices of the pentium 4 it seems more logical to just purchase a dual processor motherboard and another P4 cpu (which im assuming together wont cost more than $500) because it cant be more expensive than going the switch to a dual core system and the four processing threads would also help greatly with my high intensity programs. If anyone has any information what-so-ever it would be very much apppreciated. Thanks.

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot

All I'm seeing is dual xeon or Opteron x4.
TYAN
xeon's are P4's maybe they don't know they have dual xeon's.
Post back if you find one.
G'Luck

That's right, there are no SMP capable Intel Pentium 4 CPUs, there are Intel Xeon CPUs. The same way Athlon64s are not SMP, you have to get an Opteron.

The current Xeons are based off the Prescott core so it's almost the same. Look for dual Xeon boards & your wish shall be granted.

I promise you that a dual-core P4 will cost you a LOT less than forking out for an SMP Xeon system

It seems he wants to be able to run more then two threads (I gathered that from his first post). That would leave him with the Dual-core EE chip which isn't quite cheap. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back