TechSpot

Looking for an Anti-virus program

By Scythy
Aug 23, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello everyone, I reciently decided to switch from BitDefender to something else after learning BDs firewall doesn't actually block any ports.

I have about an $80 budget to get the best possible antivir/firewall combo. I don't want one that is too intrusive, in other words, I don't want my computer slowed to a crawl because of any active scan stuff whenever playing a game. (Gaming machine)

I also run a personal FTP server for my close friends so I'd like a nice port blocker in it also, one that I can trust.

Thanks in advance!

Oh, to anyone that recommends me doing a search, I've tried. "antivirus" and "firewall" are considered common and taken out of the search. Can't figure a way out of that problem. :haha:
  2. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 8,165

If you want the best, use 2 programs:
    Antivirus: Kaspersky Personal Pro from www.kav.ch at $41.50
    Firewall: Agnitum Outpost Pro from www.agnitum.com at $39.95

If you want a full package, consider Trend Micro PC-cillin™ Internet Security 2005 from www.trendmicro.com at $49.95
  3. Scythy

Scythy TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 42

Thank you very much RBS, I bought Kapersky last night and I'm loving it. :) I'm now deciding between outpost pro and sygate pro.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.