Looking for assistance reading my HJT log

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I'm new here and discovered this site browsing for explainations as to why my task manager does not open or why my computer is generally slow.

Basically, I have read and performed the suggested processes that were posted...i.e. run in Safe Mode while performing adaware, spybot- search & destroy, HJT, and the other programs that were suggested in the correct order. Furthermore, I have the HJT log file after everything was completely scanned by the suggested programs of this site.

If anyone could help look at my log .txt file and help me analyze the information that would be wonderful! I simply need the assistance of someone who can tell me what to fix or delete. Sorry if I did not provide enough information but I will constantly check back for suggestions/assistance. Thanks for your time, help, and effort.

Thanks a lot for your attention to my post and help. I did everything you told me and here is my HJT log. I'm still not able to open task manager. If you can check out the log and suggest anything else that would be most helpful. Thanks again!

Boot into safe mode. See how HERE

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel, and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

C:\Program Files\webHancer\Programs\whSurvey.exe"
C:\Program Files\wmplayer\wmplayer.exe /auto
C:\Program Files\Common Files\VCClient\VCClient.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\VCClient\VCMain.exe
C:\Program Files\Network\network.exe

Close control panel.

If you can. Open your task manager, and click on the processes tab. End process for(if there).

whSurvey.exe
wmplayer.exe
VCClient.exe
VCMain.exe
pokapoka79.exe
network.exe
p2pnetworking.exe

Close taskmanager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open, and let HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box before(if there).

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page =
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = C:\WINDOWS\about.htm
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://www.alienware.com/

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [System service79] C:\WINDOWS\\\etb\\pokapoka79.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Network] C:\Program Files\Network\network.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MediaLifeService] "C:\Program Files\Logitech\MediaLife\MediaLifeService.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [webHancer Survey Companion] "C:\Program Files\webHancer\Programs\whSurvey.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [wmplayer] C:\Program Files\wmplayer\wmplayer.exe /auto
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [] p2pnetworking.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [] p2pnetworking.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CU1] C:\Program Files\Common Files\VCClient\VCClient.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CU2] C:\Program Files\Common Files\VCClient\VCMain.exe

Fix all 018 entries.

O23 - Service: Trend Micro Personal Firewall (PccPfw) - Unknown owner - C:\Documents and Settings\Kris\Desktop\PccPfw.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: StarWind iSCSI Service (StarWindService) - Unknown owner - C:\Documents and Settings\Kris\Desktop\Alcohol 120\Alcohol 120\StarWind\StarWindService.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Trend NT Realtime Service (Tmntsrv) - Unknown owner - C:\Documents and Settings\Kris\Desktop\Tmntsrv.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Proxy Service (tmproxy) - Unknown owner - C:\Documents and Settings\Kris\Desktop\tmproxy.exe (file missing)

Now click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

LOacate, and delete the following bold files(if there)

C:\Program Files\webHancer\Programs\whSurvey.exe"
C:\Program Files\wmplayer\wmplayer.exe /auto
C:\Program Files\Common Files\VCClient\VCClient.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\VCClient\VCMain.exe
C:\Program Files\Network\network.exe
C:\WINDOWS\\\etb\\pokapoka79.exe

Boot into normal mode, and turn system restore back on.

Regards Howard :)

Perfect! Thanks a lot for your help Howard. My task manager finally pops up again. I really appreciate the time you took to help me out. Very cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back