TechSpot

Looking for charging port

By jake hinds
Jul 4, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hey guys, I have a gateway LT2016u netbook, and the charging port, if that's what you call it is broken. I think my careless teenage self would be to blame, but anyways I need to find a new port. This would be the part that's inside the computer that you plug the charger in. Can anyone help me?

2. fimbles

fimbles TS Evangelist Posts: 1,149   +194

This should do the trick:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GateWay-KAV...-WITH-CABLE-HARNESS-DC301007400-/270829133673

Double check the part looks the same as what you already have.

Power jack will give better results when you search. The good news is its a plug in one, not soldered which makes it very easy to fit.

This video shows a different model but should give you a good idea of what is involved:

Hope this helps.

3. jake hinds

jake hinds TS Rookie Topic Starter

YES! Thank you! And yeah, I know what's invloved, I just took it apart last night :mad: Such a pain

4. fimbles

fimbles TS Evangelist Posts: 1,149   +194

Glad to help, Thanks for the feedback :)

5. jake hinds

jake hinds TS Rookie Topic Starter

I'll be headed to the repair shop just to make sure it's not my charger that's broke but then I need to find an OS haha. Windows XP just started freezing on me so I got linux and then my power died! Ughh