Looking for Free/pay Security & Privacy Software of your opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

neowing

Hello ?
This thread will somewhat similar "Which is the best Software"
Anyway, I want to download

Anti-Spyware, Anti-Virus, Personal Firewall, and Popup Blocker

that is the best Free and Pay Version.
I personally prefer FREE Version but if it is neccessary I will buy some of them.
What I want from members in TechSpot were tell me the name of good one.
If you know the best choice of each product, could you reply in this thread.
Of course you may recommend Internet Security suits. Just tell me your opinions.
I made this thread because I am really concern about my computer safety therefore I want to spend money a little (somewhere between $50-$60).

Thank you for replying.
However, I want to know one thing:
I am often go to Internet by using modem connection.
Were your recommendation good for someone who often go to Internet by using modem connection ?

I`m not sure what it is you`re asking, but I use the above software and have no problems whatsoever, when browsing the internet.

Regards Howard :)

Thank you for replying howard.
My question is simple. When I visited BitDefender 8 free edition, they said

"BitDefender 8 Free Edition is an on-demand virus scanner, which is best used in a system recovery or forensics role. If you are on an "always-on" Internet connection, we strongly advise you to consider using a more complex antivirus solution."

So I just wonder if I have to buy internet security or not.

And last question:
Pay versions or Free Versions of Anti-Spyware, Anti-Virus, Personal Firewall, and Popup Blocker were the best choice ?

All the programme I gave you the links for are free and do a really good job. As I said, I use them myself and have never had a virus problem.

BitDefender 8 Free Edition is an on-demand virus scanner and should only be used if requested by a HJT helper in the event of infection. Again, the programmes I linked for you are full programmes that will protect your system.

You might want to take a look at this thread HERE. It`ll show you how you can keep your system more secure.

Whether to get paid for or free security software is a matter for personal preference. I`ve always used free software.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back