TechSpot

Looking for patent development firm for computer security device

By macx
Sep 18, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. I have worked out the technology for an automated computer security device and have talked to an electronics manufacturing firm and a patent attorney specializing in electronics who agreed it should work and enjoy a substantial market, but I can't break through the venture capital barrier. The basic concept and some of the technology could also easily be applied to a wide variety of other common security concerns.

Before I started working on this, I saw a segment on tv, I believe it may have been on 60 Minutes, about an engineering firm I believe it was in New York (maybe NYC) that specialized in doing the development engineering on ideas and managing it through the prototype, manufacturing and marketing phases of course for a substantial cut of any profits.

I have been unable to remember the name or to find this or a similar organization to present my ideas.

Would anyone happen to recall that, or know of any firm that does that kind of development work?

Thanks!

2. Blkfx1

Blkfx1 TS Addict Posts: 890   +171

It's your lucky day macx! I can make that happen for you! But, there is a catch, I'd want 100% of the profits made.

PM me for more details :D

3. Ranger12

Ranger12 TS Guru Posts: 637   +117

Have you checked out sba.gov? They have resources for small business. Information regarding markets, funding, grants etc. Might be a place to look.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.