Looking for replacement heatsink/fans for my CPUs

Corwin613

I have a board that has dual AMD Athlon 64 FX-74s, the fans are incredidbly loud and I searched online but all I found were pretty much the exact same ones that I already have. I don't want to replace the current fans with identical ones that I will probably have the same problem with... So I was wondering if anyone knew of some compatible replacements for these... I would like ones that will give good air flow for the price seeing how I will need 2 of them....

Thanks

I am looking for replacements modern or not. I just want to know if there is others besides the stock ones out there that I can use with these CPUs and if so what are they....

It sounded to me like you want to find new FANS, not heat sinks. Am I right? Because if you are just looking for quieter fans, that could be time consuming, but very realistic. then again, maybe you meant that you have the stock CPU coolers and just want them quieter.

My take on your problem is that the fan is going at full speed and that is creating the noise. The reason it is going full speed might be that the thermal compound between the heatsink and CPU is hardening, breaking down or otherwise deteriorating. That is allowing the CPU to get too hot and is causing the fan to go to maximum in an effort to cool down the CPU. Removing the heatsink, cleaning the mating surfaces and reapplying fresh thermal compound could cool the CPU sufficiently so the fan doesn't have to go full blast.

If you buy a replacement heatsink/fan assembly, you'll have to remove the old heatsink anyway so give this a try first.

Well typically they tend to come together as a set but yeah if I can replace the Fan itself that would be great. I already saw the one on newegg.com and that is pretty much exactly the same as the stock one. Noise is due to the fan wearing out not becuase it is running hot or the thermal compound is breaking down. Though I will replace this ones I find a replacement fan.

Back