looking for the best free registry cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.

animemanga

hi.
my pc is home to so many registry dysfunctions. i would really like a good reccomandation on a free cleaner that can clean my registry with ease. thanx in advance

I personally recommend the Ccleaner programme.

However, I must caution you that unless you know what you`re doing, you need to be careful when using the issues(registry cleaning) option. This is true of most reg cleaners. Just because a reg entry is obsolete, doen`t necessarily mean it`s safe to delete.

You should backup your registry before making any alterations to it, just in case.

Regards Howard :)

i have used this tool however it didn't get rid of my problems.
there's this nero problem that wont leave me. i uninstalled the programe but it kept on poping msg up like. nero, has detected that the file .dll is missing form your system. i was advised that some files are in my registry and therefor need to get rid of them. that why i need to clean my registry. any suggestions

Click start/run and type regedit into the run box and press the enter key. When the window appears maximise it. Click file/export and save a copy of your registry to wherever you want.

Click edit and choose find. Type nero into the dialogue box and click the find next button. Regedit will now search your registry for any entries that contain a reference to nero and display them in the righthand pane. Right click on any such nero entries and choose delete.

Now click edit again and choose find next. Again, delete any entries that reference nero.

Repeat the above, until no more nero entries are found.

Let me know if that helps.

Regards Howard :)

it didn't help. i have discovered another problem. everytime that irritating msg comes up i can't open any folder in my pc. if i open my document i see a plain background with no documents at all. this is worsing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back