Looking for VGA switch -- What's KVM?

By SubKamran
May 15, 2004
  1. All I want to do is have my DVD player (via adapter) and my computer hook up to a switch that outputs to my projector.

    I found one for $20 at NewEgg but it's a "KVM" switch. What does that mean and will it still suit my purpose?
  2. Rick

    Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 4,573   +65

    KVM stands for Keyboard/Video/Mouse

    This means the switch also includes keyboard and mouse ports for each monitor input.
  3. SubKamran

    SubKamran TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 166

  4. Nodsu

    Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837

    Doesn't your projector have multiple inputs?

    All you have to do is search for a "VGA switch" to get the thing you need.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Similar Topics

Create an account or login to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.