TechSpot

Looking to buy new RAM stick, help would be great.

By RayJon
Aug 30, 2005
  1. I Im new to the board. Im looking to buy some new ram, and I have been reading other threads about RAM and came to the conclusion that RAM/MOBO has to be compatible.
    (info from the CPU-Z program I downlaoded here so not really sure if this is what you need to help me[if you do].)

MOBO
    Model : Dimension 4300
    Chipset : Intel 1845
    Rev. A3
    Southbridge : Intel 82801BA (ICH2)

RAM(er not really sure how to explain this, so i hope its the MEMORY tab on this CPU-Z

Type : SDRAM
    Size : 265 MB

anyhelp please?

2. Eleventeen

Eleventeen TS Rookie Posts: 55

Hello, welcome to the boards. You will need to know more about the type of memory you have. You will have to know the speed of it ( Ex: PC3200 ) and what type it is ( DDR, DDR2 , etc..). You can either look in your BIOS of your computer or download Everest home edition at http://www.lavalys.hu/products/download.php?pid=1&lang=en ( the hyper link button didnt work for some reason.) hope this helps.

3. RayJon

RayJon TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 30

Hm.... opened up EVEREST and cant really find this RAM but I see something that says L2 Cache, and that says
    L2 Cache 256 KB (On-Die, ECC, ATC, Full-Speed)

or maybe

the SPD side tab and that says

Device Description
    DIMM1: Infineon HYS64V32220GU-7.5

Field Value
    Memory Module Properties
    Module Name Infineon HYS64V32220GU-7.5
    Serial Number 011CF670h
    Module Size 256 MB (2 ranks, 4 banks)
    Module Type Unbuffered
    Memory Type SDRAM
    Memory Speed PC133 (133 MHz)
    Module Width 64 bit
    Module Voltage LVTTL
    Error Detection Method None
    Refresh Rate Normal (15.625 us), Self-Refresh

4. da_yeti

da_yeti TS Rookie

You need PC-133!!!

hello your comp is the same as mine i just bought 2 256MB sticks at newegg.com for $67.00 or you can go to pricewatch.com and search for PC133
    you might find it cheaper. the only other question is if its ECC or NON-ECC ive heard it doesnt matter bout this and ive heard it does so that im not sure of all i know is mine is non-ecc. Hope this helps some

5. RayJon

RayJon TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 30

^^Thanks alot man, so you have some dell as me? Sweet, well actually mines kind of slow so I hope the RAM will make it better.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.