Looking to buy new RAM stick, help would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayJon

I Im new to the board. Im looking to buy some new ram, and I have been reading other threads about RAM and came to the conclusion that RAM/MOBO has to be compatible.
(info from the CPU-Z program I downlaoded here so not really sure if this is what you need to help me[if you do].)

MOBO
Model : Dimension 4300
Chipset : Intel 1845
Rev. A3
Southbridge : Intel 82801BA (ICH2)

RAM(er not really sure how to explain this, so i hope its the MEMORY tab on this CPU-Z

Type : SDRAM
Size : 265 MB

anyhelp please?

Hello, welcome to the boards. You will need to know more about the type of memory you have. You will have to know the speed of it ( Ex: PC3200 ) and what type it is ( DDR, DDR2 , etc..). You can either look in your BIOS of your computer or download Everest home edition at http://www.lavalys.hu/products/download.php?pid=1&lang=en ( the hyper link button didnt work for some reason.) hope this helps.

Hm.... opened up EVEREST and cant really find this RAM but I see something that says L2 Cache, and that says
L2 Cache 256 KB (On-Die, ECC, ATC, Full-Speed)

or maybe

the SPD side tab and that says

Device Description
DIMM1: Infineon HYS64V32220GU-7.5

Field Value
Memory Module Properties
Module Name Infineon HYS64V32220GU-7.5
Serial Number 011CF670h
Module Size 256 MB (2 ranks, 4 banks)
Module Type Unbuffered
Memory Type SDRAM
Memory Speed PC133 (133 MHz)
Module Width 64 bit
Module Voltage LVTTL
Error Detection Method None
Refresh Rate Normal (15.625 us), Self-Refresh

You need PC-133!!!

hello your comp is the same as mine i just bought 2 256MB sticks at newegg.com for $67.00 or you can go to pricewatch.com and search for PC133
you might find it cheaper. the only other question is if its ECC or NON-ECC ive heard it doesnt matter bout this and ive heard it does so that im not sure of all i know is mine is non-ecc. Hope this helps some

^^Thanks alot man, so you have some dell as me? Sweet, well actually mines kind of slow so I hope the RAM will make it better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back