TechSpot

Looking to buy seagate pocket hard drive.

By ingeborgdot
Jan 8, 2006
  1. Can anyone tell me anything about the Seagate pocket hard drive . I'm looking to buy the 2.5 GB hard drive the Seagate offers. I know Seagate is a reputable business but is there another type of pocket hard drive that you feel is better for the money. Right now the price for this thing is in the $70 range ended by one of acted sooner I could've gotten it for under $70. Can you tell me is there something better for the price?

2. iss

iss TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,994

Seagate pocket drives are good but they are not really cost effective comapred to what you can put together yourself. the seagate (and Other) pocket drives are only 4-6gb in size. they are also only about 4800RPM.

in contrast you can guy a 40GB laptop hard drive with an 8Mb cache and 5400 RPM for around 60.00 and a USB 2.0 slim line enclosure for around 10-17 bucks (it is only slightly larger than the Seagate pocket drive.)

so for 70-80 bucks yuo can have a FAST, LARGE compact portable storage device instead of a compact, slow, limited space portable storage device.

you can find all you need at Newegg. and I highly recommend the samsung 40GB 8mb laptop drive.

3. ingeborgdot

ingeborgdot TechSpot Paladin Topic Starter Posts: 434

Is there a place where I can go and learn how to make a hard drive you are referring to? Will it be USB or IEEE? Thanks for any help you can give.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.