Losing avant browser favicons

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbhall

I lose the favicons for Avant browser (my greatly-preferred internet browser), and this happens after running either SpywareBlaster or Spybot search and destroy. Of course this is just a trivial annoyance, but I would like to add the location of these favicons to the ignore list for whichever of the above is silently removing them. Can anyone advise please?

I know the icons are in c:\temp\$.ficn$ with an index in subdirectory index. I'm asking if anyone can advise on how to tune this path out during scanning?

mea culpa

Consider this request closed ! I am now almost certain I deleted the folder c:\temp\$.ficn$ myself. So it's a case of mea culpa

Reason is installs/uninstalls often leave all sorts of weird stuff lying around in sub-directories of c:\temp, and I have a bad habit of just deleting them from time to time without even checking what is in the directory. I will set the directory as undeletable if I can.

You might want to try to use Revo Uninstaller to ensure that program is completely uninstalled, by deleting the orphaned registries and folders in through search mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back