Losing focus/hardware disconnect

childofthetao

I'm having an infuriating problem. My mouse/keyboard keeps losing focus, I have used gamebooster to terminate everything yet it still happens. My internet keeps disconnecting as well (but I don't know if this is related or not).

I don't know what to do, I even formatted and reinstalled windows (7 and 8) but the problem remains.

Any ideas?

System Specs

edit: It keeps pausing minecraft :(

So many possibilities......you can spend ages testing for this that and the other malware. But if you have reinstalled twice that is not likely (apart from a bios infection).

But first off, test the hardware. A great way to do this is download a small portable Linux such as puppy linux. Burn it to CD. Boot off that CD. Then you have a PC with no Windows or malware whatever, so see what happens. Any misbehaviour, be it mouse, keyboard, network, disc drive or overheating just has to be a hardware problem and nothing to do with Windows or malware.

If your mouse, keyboard and internet are all wireless powered, that would be where your hardware problem most likely lies.

If everything works well over 20 minutes or so, then you know it's Windows at fault.

Last edited:
Have you found the problem? I was just idly looking through your speccy dump to see if there was any obvious problem, and all I see is the motherboard voltages look very odd.
+12V 1.728v and +5V 2.208
It's probably just a bug in Speccy, but if it was real, it would be your power supply failing.

Back