Loss of video & fan speed increases

We have a Dell desktop running Windows XP which is about 8 years old. We only use it for surfing the net and storing some pictures. Last night after about :45 minutes a blue screen popped up stating a new hardware error. I failed to write it down so I'm not sure exactly what it said. I proceeded to shut it down and then when I tried to restart the system there was a beeping sound and the fan speed increased to what appeared to be the maximum speed. I shut it down and tried several times and nothing changed. So now I have nothing showing on my monitor and I have tried everything I can think of which is not much. I have a lack of knowledge on this topic and would appreciate any help you can provide. Thank You!!!

Hi Coles,

What is the colour of the System Power button LED? Is it steady or blinking?

Generally, the computer would emit beeps if it is not able to detect memory modules. There are also other possible reasons why your system would beep. Please mention the system model and the number of beeps you hear so that we are able to identify the issue with your computer.

In the meanwhile, you can click on the link below for information on how to obtain and view your computer's manual in order to obtain its specific beep codes, to help you troubleshoot your computer.

Please reply so that we are able to assist you further.

[FONT=Arial]Thanks and regards,[/FONT][FONT=Arial][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Babita G[/FONT][FONT=Arial][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]#iworkforDell [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site .[/FONT]

Hi Coles,

We hope you have been able to identify the problem with your computer. If you can still hear beeps from your system, you will find the link below helpful in troubleshooting the issue.

Desktop Computer Will Not Complete Power On Self Test (POST):[FONT=Segoe UI]http://dell.to/19qaakY[/FONT]

Unfortunately we have not received feedback from you on this topic. If you need continued support, please respond to my post.

Thanks and regards,
Babita G
#iworkforDell

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site .
[LEFT] [/LEFT]

Back