Lost Admin password

Status
Not open for further replies.

PSLog

Help!
I was preparing my old Windows 2000 Pro computer for sale and deleted my user account.

At least I thought I did.

Now I can't log on to the computer. The Log On screen still comes up with my old user name but doesn't recognise the old password and I don't know what the original Administration password was.

What can I do?

Mark

Search feature is your friend (and ours too).

Just do a search for "administrator password" in this forum.

If you are selling your computer it would be far more sensible to wipe it clean and fresh install Windows rather than let the buying people snoop around and find out lots of interesting stuff about you. Or just wipe the HD and give your legit Windows CD with the comp.

Nodsu

You're right - thanks again.
Now why did I think I'd be the first to have encountered this problem? ;-)

I just got a dell inspiron 2500 laptop from a second hand shop,

I was only give one password which I entered but when the Dell computer turns on, an adminstrative box pops up with the user name already in there and a password box.

I don't know that password, I tried what you said on teckpost...

I'm running a xp pro on my house computer, I went to floppy then properties the format then create ms-dos disk, then I went to c:windows and copied the only file that said debug to the floppy.

Then went to put it in the dell laptop and the prompt command came up, I typed debug and it said bad command or something??

Please help me, Im not that good with computers and I don't want to loose the money I paid for it.

Thanx for getting back to me as soon as you can.

Roy D

rlexyd@hotmail.com

Originally Posted by found in some forum

Posted by DOOM KABOOM on June 18, 2002 at 07:18:52:

In Reply to: Re: Need Bios Password for laptop DELL Latitude C600 posted by doom kaboom on June 18, 2002 at 06:46:56:

: all bios passwords can be removed easily,

: 1-create a dos system disk,
: 2- copy "debug" (this is a dos command found in windows\command directory) onto the system disk you created,
: 3- boot the machine with this disk,
: 4- at dos prompt type: debug then enter, you will see a blinking dash
: 5- type: o 70 2e then enter, (also seen: o 70 18)
: 6- type: o 71 ff then enter,
: 7- type: q then enter,
: 8- remove the floppy and reboot! Power the system off and on by unplugging and re-plugging the system into the power outlet

: send me a thanks mail doom@expresstelefix.com.au

d505 password

can someone help??? i just bought this computer from some pawn shop and i dont know what the administrator password is. Is there a original or basic password? i need help im confused!!!!!!

To be honest with you, I'd suggest formatting the PC and starting over. You never know what types of crap the original user had on that computer. And by formatting and starting over you won't be losing any of your own data.

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

Looking for Admin password. On Windows XP CE 2005

Hi everybody. Its my first post. hello to all.

I have a new pc, An Atlon XP 64 dual core 3.7 Ghz but I never could make the User Admin, let me in. I went to gpedit.msc and set all the privileges up. But somehow something changed the admin password. Maybe a trojan. But I have 2007 Norton IS.
How do I reset this if its been changed ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back