Status
Not open for further replies.

fimbles

Hi..

I have a 2.9 ghz cel processor
1 gig ram
Windows xp
Radeon 9600 pro

I have one internal lite on dvd/cdrw drive, and one external lacie dvdrw drive, connected through firewire via a pci interface.

The problem is last night i noticed that my drives do not seem to work anymore.. both open and close fine.. however they no longer appear in "my computer" and also refuse to play any kind of disks..

Im stumped! i have ran norton system works.. removed quicktime which was the last program i installed.. still no joy..

Any ideas would be great!

Are the drives detected in bios?

Do they appear in your device manager?

If they don`t appear in bios, maybe change the ide cable.

If they appear in your device manager, uninstall them from there and reboot your computer. Windows should redetect them.

Regards Howard :)

Ty for the reply! yes i tried unplugging and replugging but no avail..

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/320553/sd=RMVP

But i tried this and the problem has been solved!! corrupt registry was the cause i think.. still not sure what corrupted it though..? anyway for anyone having a similar problem. please try the solutions in the link above.. easy to use aswell!!

:)

Ps.. howard yes they were detected in device manager as " driver has been loaded but hardware has not been found" but no sign of them in bios..

CDROM icon missing

i m using Compaq presario 1800T ,pentium II , designe for win98.
but i m using WINXPpro sp2. since last 2years.
i have DVD/CD rom,
form last 2 weeks i have seen that my laptop READS a CD but cant dispaly any data.
my CDrom icon , E: is missing suddenly.i have no access to my CD rom.
in device manager i can see IDE ATA/ATAPI contollers, with NO exclmatory mark.
it is detected by BIOS but fail to detect in windows.
i tried deleting Upper n Lower filter,but no joy.{http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060/EN-US/}

i dont know..which CD rom i m using. i cant format my laptop.i tried syestm restore but no use.

i dont know wht to do:( help needed desperatly.tried lot of ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back