Lost my entire desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear friends

I lost my entire desktop with several key documents and so on.
Please help me reclaim outlook correspondence.

I downloaded Lineage2, that is all. I also downloaded the new symantec upgrade, prior to the deletion of the entire desktop plus most files and programs on windows explorer. This suddenly happened 0100 or so central european time. Only 3 folders and 3 avi files remains.

Here follows hijack this files:

Hi Fairman and welcome to techspot.

Please do not copy and paste your HijackThis logs in the thread. Instead, attach the .log or .txt files to your post.

Your HijackThis log appears to be clean. However, I cannot be fully sure if your system is clean until you follow the thread as Shigawire recommended and post ComboFix and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments to this thread.

Have HijackThis fix this entry:

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)

Regards,
Your friendly Momok =)

This thread is for the use of Fairman only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Thanks friends :)

I found two trojan horses through AVG Anti-Spyware:

Backdoor.Delf.awa
Downloader.Harnig.bq

These were both located in the old C: drive (the one that did not have windows), and could have played a part somehow.

Can anyone explain about these?

friendly yours

Fairman

Hi,

Both are spyware/adware normally installed in your system through visiting dodgy sites or downloading and using software of dubious repute.

In any case, they should not be difficult to clean. Please complete the instructions as given in the thread and post the requested logs. There may be potentially several more dangerous nasties residing in your system but we have no way of finding out and fixing them without seeing the logs.

Please post fresh ComboFix, AVG Antispyware and HijackThis logs as attachments to this thread. Thanks.

Regards,
Your friendly Momok =)

This thread is for the use of Fairman only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back