TechSpot

Lost Planet DX9 Error

By Mattjesty
May 19, 2007
  1. Hi, i have recently downloaded Lost Planet DirectX 9 demo via steam. I went to play it and it came up with the unexpected close error. i looked on the tech report and it had this error - 0xc000001d
    Does anyone know how i could get this demo working? I checked on the site and my computer should normally be able to run it..

If anyone has any ideas please message back :)

Thanks in advance :cool:

2. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,452   +227

If the graphics card being used here is the one in your profile, I don't think the game supports it. I checked the Steam site and the minimum card required is a Geforce 6600 or better. The recommended card is an 8600.

3. Mattjesty

Mattjesty TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 36

Sorry that profile was out of date, i've changed it now. My graphics card is now - 512mb Ati 1600X AGP 8X - It has shader model 3 so i dont see why it wouldn't work.

4. Mattjesty

I've found the problem, it needs an SSE2 cpu which my type of motherboard doesn't have =\ ah well, i'll just have to hope for a patch for a while.

5. beef_jerky4104

beef_jerky4104 Banned Posts: 1,094

I don't understand? Your CPU doesn't have SSE2. You motherboard has nothing to do with that.

6. Mattjesty

oops, i ment to say my motherboard doesn't support any higher then the cpu. My bad

7. beef_jerky4104

beef_jerky4104 Banned Posts: 1,094

Oh okay. I was confused. I did fined a typo in my post though...

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.