TechSpot

lost son

By ToRN
Aug 22, 2003
  1. I don't think I need introduction, at least not to the oldies overhere.

Just letting you guys know I feel the TS forum virus crawling back and I think you shall see me more often here.

Nice to see that the old crew is still here. Even Phatman hasn't give up...

Nice to be back.

2. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,172

Holy crap man. It sure has been a while. It's nice to have you back. How were things away from here? I bet you were barely getting bywithout your dose of TechSpot daily :)

3. JSR

JSR Banned Posts: 592

Phatman?

That alone was worth reading this post for.........and, welcome to anyone that has such an affectionate nickname for one of our staunch citizens :grinthumb
    i have to give a shout out to whomever announced this j/k re: the scotts in our forums.........why do they wear kilts?........the sheep can hear their zippers...........:D

4. StormBringer

StormBringer TS Rookie Posts: 2,244

Welcome back ToRN

BTW, you just have to overlook JSR.

5. Vehementi

Vehementi TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,704

Welcome back Torn! We missed you.

And yea, don't mind JSR...

6. Nic

Nic TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,549

Welcome back to the long lost friend I never knew. :D
    First time I've heard of you, but hey, its good to have you back. :)
    Sorry, I'm in a funny kind of mood today. :blush:
    Hey JSR, you want to get yourself a kilt.
    PS: I'm Scottish and proud of it.

Edit: Am I missing something? You've got your post titled 'lost son', but you've got a girl for your avatar. So which is it?

7. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 4,274

Hello fellow ToRN, how ya been ? :)

8. JSR

JSR Banned Posts: 592

it's a he/she

and yeah, nic, ........i knew,........you were scottish :D as is arris and, ........phatman, oops,......... phantasm ;)

9. ToRN

ToRN TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 156

I'm not a girl, for a start :), I just like Dexters Lab a lot. And yes indeed I missed my daily dose of Techspot.

Where have I been? Well, I graduated, went on 6 weeks holiday in Italy, found first job which was a rip of. Found my second job which was paradise (car, phone, fat paycheck, working days of 5 to 6 ours MAX, wholesale prices on ANY HARDWARE, ... you get the picture.) I also moved out of my parents, got my girlfriend living with me know from France, .... You can all agree this can be considered BUSY :).

Anyway, is JSR like Phatman used to be of better/worse? :D I'm very glad all those oldies are still here. Is that IRC channel still open?

Hope I will help lots of people overhere, though I will carefully avoid all 'Whaz da best vid card, dude?' type of questions (those scared me of the last time). So where are those dificult technical questions? Bring 'm on, Baby!!!!

10. young&wild

young&wild TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 993

Great to hear from you! Welcome back ToRN!

11. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,172

Well JSR is way way way worse than Phatman, but I don't think you'll have to worry about him much anymore.

Yeah the channel is sitll there.
    irc.starchat.net #3dspotlight
    We have gotten a few more recruits to come in now, makes things more interesting :)

Congratulations on the job, I wish I could find one here I liked. But nobody is looking to hire engineers, so I am SOL

12. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,606   +287

Re: it's a he/she

Not Phantasm.... PHATMAN5050

LMAO :p

And welcome back ToRN. Long time no see :wave:

13. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,714   +397

ToRN - welcome back man, been a while.

Yeh stop by the IRC channel sometime, I start my 2nd semister of graduate school here in a few hours, but I'm usually around in the irc channel.

14. MrGaribaldi

MrGaribaldi TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,512

Torn, Wow, you're back! :cool:

Yes, I think that can, under certain circumstances, probably be called "being busy"... ;)

Good to have you back with us, and I hope you'll stick around...

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.