Lost sound card

Status
Not open for further replies.

tamcattt12

I had a friend install a new hard drive in my PC. Everything is great, however, I have lost my sounds. I am Not very hardware savvy. Can some one help? Please!!! I'm not sure about all the specifics, but I can try to find out.

Thank you,

Tammy

You need to check it in device manager, i cant help you to do that until i know what version of windows you are using.

Also is it a custom comptuer built or like a dell or gateway,etc if it is like a gateway or dell it should have an device driver cd simply enter the cd into the drive find sound and install it and there you go

I have a Gateway PC. I found a "Drivers" CD. Should I just try to re-install it? Is there something I should do after I run the CD? There is a yellow question mark in audio devices.
Thank you so much!

Tammy

Ok run the Drivers cd and find sound and also what model is it becuase I also have a gateway desktop and I know mine has a driver disk 1 and 2 look on cd 1 first if it doesnt say sound put in cd 2

Wait I'm sorry the applications cd has a 1 and 2, The driver cd only has one and mine is the color red. It should say in big words at the top of the disk Drivers. To install your drivers enter the disk into the drive while your comptuer is loaded and on the windows xp desktop and it should load and follow the on screens instructions. I hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back