Lost Video all of a sudden

Status
Not open for further replies.
xxx[/COLOR

While working on my newly built computer, all of a sudden the monitor went black. I checked all of my cables, graphic card , and monitor on a different system and they all worked fine. Occaisionally I get a flicker of an image on the monitor so I can tell that the OS is booting up and going to my desktop.
I can't figure out what it might be but the mobo so I switched it out with a new one and it does the same thing.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this and do you have any suggestions? Any help would be appreciated

Intel Pentium D 830 Dual Core
ASUS P5WD2 Premium Board
Nvidia,6600GT Graphics Card PCI-E
Corsair Twin 1024 6400

Hi. Have you checked your primary graphics adapter settings in the bios?
at what stage of boot up does it go blank? If you are able to boot into safe mode! try installing the the MB graphics driver.

Bios Settings

I had the Bios settings all set and everything was working fine for about 3 weeks. Then all of a sudden, Bam, the image is gone. I have built somewhere around a half dozen systems and never had this type of thing happen before.
That doesn't make me an expert by any means but I'm fairly well oriented in what needs to be done when putting a system together. What I don't know is, could this be a heating issue and I don't know how graphics cards react when they overheat. I really don't know what is going on with this one!

J.

Hi again, This is a strange one for me and i have built hundreds, i'll tell you about one of my experiences, similar thing happened with a TFT monitor on a hp system when installing windows the system switched the monitor to a mode that displayed nothing but everything was installing ok, so i had to use another monitor to install windows, but the TFT monitor works fine otherwise, it displayed ok in dos mode but displayed nothing once the install got to vga mode with GUI. I have also had systems which has switched monitors into modes where the monitor looses one of the colours and would stay that way and would only switch back when connected to certain systems, so it was just a compatability issue which amazes me in this hi tec age.
i have made the most basic mistake of setting the FSB speed incorrectly and that caused the monitor to go blank during startup.

it could be heating problem but only if the system has been running long enough to cause this. i dont know that particular motherboard inside out but as you are advanced you've probably been through any bios setting for voltage level setting to the slot. hope someone has a suggestion for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back