TechSpot

Lost web key

By dil diwana
Sep 21, 2016
Post New Reply
  1. How do I find my web key for my wireless router.

2. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 9,322   +621

Cant. Instead, login the router and set a new WiFi key (and save it safely for the future). Recommend something you CAN remember :)

3. EndlessWaves

EndlessWaves TS Booster Posts: 164   +34

What do you mean by "web key"? There are several passwords on a typical router such as the internet connection password, the wi-fi password and the router control panel/web interface password.

4. dil diwana

dil diwana TS Rookie Topic Starter

When I say web key I mean the key which allows you to connect new PC /printer or any new equipment in the network.

Wifi key

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2016
  5. EndlessWaves

If you haven't changed it since you got it then it may be printed on the bottom of the machine.

Otherwise you can log into the router control panel from one of the already connected machines and see/change the wi-fi key.

6. Wendy Oltman

Wendy Oltman TS Booster Posts: 128   +16

If you mean the WEP Key and not the web key you can find it following these steps.
    Go to the computer's wireless networking setup screen and see if you can detect your router's SSID. Select that network. Apply the wireless security type and password to the computer's wireless networking setup screen.

P.S: If there is no response from the router the default address may have been changed.

7. dil diwana

Completly lost, need step by step instruction to follow.

8. EndlessWaves

Different routers have different options and control panel layouts, so consult your user manual on that one.

Wendy Oltman likes this.
  9. dil diwana

10. dil diwana

Need step by step instructions, I am lost

11. Cycloid Torus

Cycloid Torus TS Evangelist Posts: 1,657   +309

Go to router manufacturer's website.
    Locate support.
    Enter model number and search for manual.
    Download manual.
    Read manual.