TechSpot

Low fps in counter-strike 1.6

By killowat
Dec 27, 2005
  1. sorry for my english.
    I have fps 100 when I one and when who that appears a beside that fps at once ~60, and at a plenty of people fps falls up to 30. In smoke fps goes to 30.
    Please help someone.

system:
    ----
    Microsoft Windows XP Professional
    Intel Pentium 4, 1500 MHz (3.75 x 400)
    Gigabyte GA-8IDX (6 PCI, 1 AGP, 1 CNR, 3 DIMM, Audio)
    Intel Brookdale i845
    256mb (PC133 SDRAM)
    NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X
    ---
    video card properities:
    ---
    V-sync - off
    Anisoptoring - off
    Perfomance - best perfomance
    Smoothing - off
    Threefold buffering - off
    Hardware acceleration - one device
    Restriction of expansion - off
    Inclusion of scale structures - off
    ---
    Please help. thx

2. Kev_Boy

Kev_Boy TS Rookie Posts: 30

Try searching for a setting in your graphics options in CS that has something called models or player models and lower the quality from like High to Medium or Low.

It could also be due to the latest update though. I've heard people (Albeit in Source) complain about it. Did you have this since last week or forever?

3. killowat

killowat TS Rookie Topic Starter

No i dont do it, where i can get this update?

4. Kev_Boy

Kev_Boy TS Rookie Posts: 30

Well, it's because of the update that it supposedly started to run very slow with some people aswell, so with a little luck when VALVe fixes the other stuff they broke, maybe you'll get a playable framerate even when models are on-screen :)

5. Ruder

Ruder TS Rookie Posts: 134

Smoke uses vertex shaders - get newer drivers or get a new card, or run on low graphics settings.

6. cyrax

cyrax TS Rookie Posts: 72

THe mx440 didn't have the shaders required for optimal performance in cs.best option is to get a newer card.Or try running it in dx7 level.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.