Low memory error. Please close one or more windows then try again

Status
Not open for further replies.

A-Jabbar

Hi,
I'm here again to ask you guys about my problem.

Because of some extra work, after sometime or after opening a number of windows I cannot able to open further windows. I cannot able to do 'Right Click' any where unless, I restart my machine or close the last opened windows. or If I'm able to do 'right click' then it shows least 'right click options' (doesn't show the complete options)..

When I cannot able to open further windows, it sometimes shows me error message 'Low memory error. Please close one or more windows then try again...".

I'm not able to understand this problem. Becoz of this problem mostly I have to restart my system and it wastes my time and breakes my consistancy .

How can I overcome it? Can you guys help me out?

Thanks!

Even 500meg might not be enough depending on what you have running in the background and how many windows you have open at the same time.

I`d like to have a quick check to see what you have running on your system.

Go and read this thread HERE and post a HJT log as an attachment into this thread.

Regards Howard :)

I cannot able to 'attach' the file.
showing some error :-s

ok now, I cud able this time.
Its there now.

The good news is your HJT log is clean.

However, you do have a lot of stuff running which won`t help with your ram problem.

The worst culprit is Symantc/Norton, which quite frankly is absolute rubbish.

Here`s what I suggest you do.

Download this Symantc/Norton removal tool.

Download one antivirus and one firewall programme from the choices below.

AVG free or Avast antivirus programmes.

Zonealarm Kerio or Comodo free firewall programmes.

Disconnet from the net.

Run the Symantec/Norton removal tool and reboot your system the required number of times.

Install whichever firewall programme you chose and reconnect to the net.

Install whichever antivirus programme you chose and run the antivirus updates.

This should have helped to speed up your system somewhat.

Then, go and read this thread HERE for instructions on how to speed up your system, even more.

See if that helps.

Thanks a lot Howard!

Let me know what is the contradiction which makes Norton Anti Virus the most unreliable or rubbish (as U said) tool? :)

Also, I think U've tried to show that my RAM is not that enough. Is it?

Thanks anyway :)

I run my system with 512meg of ram and never have any problems. However, I don`t have lots of stuff running in the backgound and don`t normally have lots of Windows open at the same time.

Increasing the amount of ram you have, would definitely help, but I believe your problem is simply down to a lack of good houskeeping, rather than anything else.

Symantec/Norton is in my opinion a load of crap. Not only does it slow a system down, but it`s not very good at protecting a system either.

The only reason so many folks have it, is down to marketing and nothing more. Hardly anyone who knows anything about computer security would have it on their system. ;)

accepted :)

but I've also experienced that with only running two windows (but several tabs may be) also gives me the same problem.

Actully, there is a software I have to work on and contiuously a number of windows to be opened/closed (not pop ups) are necessary. Mostly have to do some copy paste as to work on data quries, bla bla.

In short, it also gives the same problem when I open a couple of windows as well.

Howard, I believe the company I work for has brainwashed me a bit maybe, but I have norton and I have no issues with it, I don't know if it's because I know how to use it or what but I find it does the job and I'm happy with that.

I only hear good about AVG though so not bad mouthing anything, any other reasons it's not so good?

You`re one of the lucky ones and probably have very safe surfing habits.

However, if you actually got rid of Norton, I`m fairly sure you`d notice a difference in your systems performance.

A-Jabbar: I know what you mean and as far as I can say, you either need to increase the amount of ram you have, of manage what you`ve got more effectively, by not having lots of programmes running in the backgound etc.

:) :) :)

so the solutions are :

- I should not open as much as windows which can affect the memory.
- I should increase my RAM. (cuz, within this RAM range i cannot work as much as i have to do) :)

Thanks a lot Howard for all your concern towards my post :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back