Lower my ping rate

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if this is the right forum to go to so please forgive me if it's not.

I play counter-strike and SWG alot and I have noticed that my ping has dramatically jumped from 30 - 50 to 120 - 130 (CS) and SWG from 110-120 to 170-200.

I am running XP O/S with an ASUS A7V8X m/b at 1.6. I also have 768 of RAM. I have a DSL conection of 640k (560-580 actual).

Is there anything I should check? I checked my speed through 2wire.com speed test and it shows normal speeds. Please help!

Sometimes an ISP's service quality can lower once they start having a lot of clients.

Ask them if they have any plans to upgrade their connections ( maybe 1mbit connections ).

Also check for spyware using up your bandwith. Try downloading Adaware. That might help. Also if you have cable, you probably have to share bandwith with other users in your area. That could also be a cause.

Please help

I recently got satelite internet and tried to play a game and my ping is outrageous. If you could help me lower it i would appreciate it.

Meh, its only 5 yrs old.

To mightyhee, I would like you to know that if I am not mistaken sattelite will always have a high ping time due to having to travel a long distance. I could be mistaken though.

eh 5 years is old, similar to satellite Internet subscriber lol

satellite Internet... that sound high tech =] how much a month it would cost ya?

and i rarely heard people use satellite Internet , due to its many flaws?

convenience (satellite) over stability (Cable)? the choice is obvious

Its pretty high from what I've heard. Hughes Net costs 80 a month (cheapest)

Like I said, it has a high ping time, also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back