Lowering CPU voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

eazy_duz_em

Hey...
Does lowering the CPU voltage and the CPU frequency help reducing it's temperature?. i'm asking this because my pc idles at 55C so i lowered my freq to 2Ghz and the voltage to 1.3V but it goes as low as 1.26.
So can this help me?(i cannot install or reseat the cpu cooler case closed LoL and warranty sticker over it.LOL!)

Dunno, it might help with overheating. I wouldn't do that though as you'll get faults from it as it needs that 1.3V.

Make sure CPU is freestanding to allow maximum heat dissapation. If it performs fine, there may be no problemm and i wouldnt worry about it.

Good luck

Regards,

Korrupt

if you cant get into the case and open it up because of the warranty sticker thing then get a compressed air source (maybe go down to the petrol station and use the air gun they use for tyres) and use that to blow on one of the opened sides or the back to dislodge some of the dust.. if theres a fan there use a pen or a thin stick to stop it spinning furiously..

it kinda helps a little bit if you have temperature problems..

i don't think that the dust is my problem the thing is the pc is only 2-3 months.
and the temp was this high from the start i suspect that the cpu fan was not properly seated or the thermal paste was not applyed correctly.

I would try that Compressed air. And if you have a warranty, then why are you fretting over it? If the CPU goes up (which i highly doubt) youd get it replaced right?

Also, what type of CPU are we talking about here. There are stories that high clock speed Prescotts (pentium 4) will idle that high.

Check with the manufacturer - perhaps they will replace it. Also, please provide some system specs in order for us to help.

Regards,

Korrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back